• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Guarding Yoshi

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
Hello Yoshi mains. Falcon player here! I find myself becoming very comfortable with my movement options with falcon and have become very adept to ledge guarding well with a large part of the cast but Yoshi give me trouble.

2 of my friends both main Yoshi and I always give them free rides back to the stage due to the egg throw to cover they're recovery. If a yoshi comes from below the stage, it's a matter of dropping down and punishing but when they recover high, how do I keep them off. I tried Uair from below but egg seems to just completely cover him. Any tips appreciated :)

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
ledge hop and back air his recovery, either when he grab the ledge of before, the egg goes up so you can easily hit him from "below"

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Falcon can get around it pretty well. If you see him going to throw an egg, get under him, then do a rising Bair to punish. This even kills at a decent percent, so it's pretty neat.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Hello Yoshi mains. Falcon player here! I find myself becoming very comfortable with my movement options with falcon and have become very adept to ledge guarding well with a large part of the cast but Yoshi give me trouble.

2 of my friends both main Yoshi and I always give them free rides back to the stage due to the egg throw to cover they're recovery. If a yoshi comes from below the stage, it's a matter of dropping down and punishing but when they recover high, how do I keep them off. I tried Uair from below but egg seems to just completely cover him. Any tips appreciated :)
Playing against Yoshi you just need to know which options you cannot challenge, because there are options you can't just straight up challenge depending on who you picked.

Falcon can't challenge any eggs thrown from low because he'll either over extend himself and not be able to recover or take the hit and let yoshi back on free. If you know Yoshi's doing that, wait til the first egg is thrown and after it pops then go for a footstool/ dair. Reason for that is that after blowing the first egg recovering low, we have to double jump afterwards or we'll die.

He also can't challenge yoshi recovering high. If Yoshi goes the high route he's comming back on stage so don't commit to hitting him out of the air because if we either air dodge or down b you probably just let him on for free. React to what he does after going up high for free damage. Between uair, grounded side b and dash grab you cover our landings without a double jump fine.

You can challenge literally anything else he does with a well timed bair risk free

Top Bottom