• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge-cancel?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
You can ledge cancel wolf's side B and ZSS' Side B. But I don't really know how to do it and I've been looking for guides for some time now and haven't found any that explains how to perform a ledge-cancel.

Does anyone know how to Ledge-cancel?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
You just have to be precise so you slide off of the ledge during the lag of the move. Just try to land on the very very tip of a ledge with forward momentum so you can slide off of it. It takes practice, but if you're landing without ledge canceling then either you're not landing close enough to the edge or you don't have enough forward momentum (the case for ZSS, since wolf's side-b has set momentum)

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
Almost every character can "ledge cancel" (called scarring i belive is what your referring to) but each move and character that can be scarred have varying degrees of difficulty.
If you want to learn how to do it, try seaching "wolf scarring tutorial" or something to that effect in youtube. Also check out the wolf character discussion page, find something about "wolf advanced techniques", or just ask in the q/a thread for wolf.
Then once you've read about it and seen examples of it, go into training mode and practice it for as long as it takes untill you can at least do it half the time you try. Keep it up and stay patient and you will master that tech....for wolf anyways.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
What do you mean by ledge canceling? Using an attack from onstage and sliding off or canceling a move from the ledge (Scarring, as explained above)?

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Okay. ZSS can't scar, first and foremost. And scarring is.. hard to explain, really. A lot of characters can scar, but it's different with every character. You're best of asking the particular characters board about it.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Okay. ZSS can't scar, first and foremost. And scarring is.. hard to explain, really. A lot of characters can scar, but it's different with every character. You're best of asking the particular characters board about it.
ZSS can Ledge cancel with her Side B. However, I'm not sure if it's considered as scarring.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
She can grab the ledge with her tethers and then drop off them. It's not a cancel really. More like a ledge drop.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
She can grab the ledge with her tethers and then drop off them. It's not a cancel really. More like a ledge drop.
Well it top tournament commentary they call it a ledge cancel. Asked people around who consider it as a legit ledge-cancel :p

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Well, in any case, the inputs for it is the same as dropping off the ledge. I can't remember if you fastfall out of it though.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, in any case, the inputs for it is the same as dropping off the ledge. I can't remember if you fastfall out of it though.
It is done by pressing down when the tether is first connected to the ledge. You don't fastfall out of it because you gain the ability to jump again.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
So like a ledge drop except you can't FF out of it. Not a cancel :p
Hmm, you seem to stress over the difference of ledge-cancel and ledge-drop. Would you care to please explain the exact difference of both?

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Meh, just irritated that people take simple game mechanics and call them ATs.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Meh, just irritated that people take simple game mechanics and call them ATs.
ATs don't have to be techniques that are difficult to perform, they can be techniques that are rarely used as well, such as ledge-cancel.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Apparently. ****ing irritating.
Umm.. I really don't see what's the difference in replacing the word "drop" with "cancel" in ledge-cancel. They both have the exact meaning, what's irritating about that?:confused:

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Cuz it's not a cancel. It's misleading to say it's a cancel when it's a simple game mechanic. But I'm not going to keep this going. Hope you got your answers :)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Cuz it's not a cancel. It's misleading to say it's a cancel when it's a simple game mechanic. But I'm not going to keep this going. Hope you got your answers :)
Well, if you think of it that way, I can't really say anything. It's your opinion and I respect your honesty :)
Thanks ^_^

Top Bottom