• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least/Most Favorite Neutral Stage - Yoshi

Velox

Smash Ace
I started a similar thread to this in Melee Discussion, but I'm interested in Yoshi specifically.

What's you're least favorite (and most favorite) neutral stage and why? (FD, BF, PS, FoD, YS, DL64)

My most favorite: Yoshi's Story (seriously), because the platforms there are like runways/speedways.

Least favorite: I dunno, none particularly seem to screw up Yoshi, but maybe that's why I'm making this thread, to find out what everyone thinks.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: While I liked Yoshi's Story in my prime, I find I'm worse at it over time as my tech skill diminishes.

I've always had fat fingers, and when Sheiks and Foxes bounce you on those platforms, you have to be ready at a moment's notice to respond, and my fingers just could never keep up on that stage.

My favorites against top tier and Falco would have to be Final Destination, no question. Yoshi KOs every overused character at at least 75%, with KOs against fastfallers starting as low as 23% (but you knew all that, Velox ^_~).

My favorite stage against most other characters would probably be Fountain of Dreams; there's no particular reason aside from the fact that I've had spectacular tournament sets against very good players on that stage and I just really do well there, for some reason. Win or lose, I've always had close matches with great great players there and it always gives me an optimistic feeling about the match.

Least favorite would probably go to Battlefield. Never liked it for any of my characters, even my Marth.

XxKuntxX

Smash Rookie
My favorite is YS by far. The platforms are heaven for me. Eh next up would be dream land, except for when im playing speedy falcons(dashdancing=gey)
Least favorite would be battlefield. Theres a possibility of getting stuck under it so i tend to avoid it.

Velox

Smash Ace
^^^ hey, a fun tip against those dash dancing Falcon's that n-air like all the way across the level, crouch cancel to f-tilt at early-mid percents. You can always have fun trying to intercept them out of the air with a grounded f-tilt/u-tilt/u-smash <.< what, it works sometimes.. heh And it's fun :) wait you live in Brazil? awesome

heh, yeah Shiri, Yoshi has "surprising" KOs, low percents and out of nowhere (like when I first started d-tilt KOing like Seth and Gabe's Marth on Mute City they were like.. "wtf was that..") man that's counter-pick stage of the century (not that you need it against Marth but it's that extra card up the sleeve) which on that note, I'm bringing back that idea that Yoshi might have an actual advantage against Marth, dude, I've been doing really really well against Marth lately with Yoshi. Like I'd seriously drop my top tiers to play Yoshi against Marth in tournament.

after reconsidering and being that I'm playing this game again after like a year off, Battlefield is pretty much the worst neutral I think. I forgot your edge game is even worse than what other characters have it (I die from edge edging under the lip.. gay.. add that to my normal quota of suicides in one match and it just puts me over the edge (omg pun!) lol)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: -dead- @ pun

I had a feeling you were building up to something with that sentence, LOL!

Yoshi does really well against Marth--better than most characters can legitimately claim. It's not just a notion. ^_~

And yes, Battlefield can suck a big one.

P.S. - You know, if it's one thing Brawl has taught me, it's to respect Yoshi's forward tilt in this game more. Bringer and I used to have numerous discussions on these boards about Yoshi's forward tilt and gave out very straightforward and accurate advice regarding it beating moves like Pikachu's neutral air and some of Fox's short hop moves (very similarly to how you did with Captain Falcon's neutral air in your previous post), but I could never get myself to use it. Now, after getting so accustomed to the new forward tilt, whenever I come back to Melee, I find myself more eager to use this move and it has some really great applications. Just goes to show how right you and he are about that move. Yeah, kinda long, just figured I'd toss this in since I saw forward tilt and got really excited, LOL.

Velox

Smash Ace
Heh, yeah, stopping pikachus nair is a good one. I'm famous for these kind of interceptions.

Yeah, f-tilt is really good, like he has so many good moves when u really consider it (bair uair etc). And only yoshi can aerial crouch cancel >>

XxKuntxX

Smash Rookie
Hmm so an aggressive yoshi gets pwned by CFalcons I'm guessin? So I guezz the best strategy would be to stay on the D by waiting and countering? To think I've been the one chasin CFalcon this whole time -_- It's like a turtle chasing a rabbit. Poor Yoshi

rustedfencepost

Smash Apprentice
i like final destination because platforms get in the way and i always sd in yoshi's story.plus my bro uses ganon so he totaly ***** with platforms but i douchbag him in FD with a downtilt/smash to edgehog.lol

Top Bottom