• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LEAST favorite Confirmed Kirby Hat?

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Wario's was disappointing to me, actually. I wish in addition to the headgear he would have a black, zigzagged mustache, or a big, pink nose, or both.

I agree that Zamus's pontyail needs a head of blonde hair to come from, but maybe they did it this way to avoid it looking too much like the Lucas hat?

I thought Zelda's would be a lot different... I kind of wish it looked more like her headdress with the blue jewel. Maybe if they just left it the way it is, but had the braided hair sticking out in the back?

I'm glad snake's is more than just a headband. Strangely, it looks like hextupleyoodot did a better rendition of the facial hair o.O

As for Metaknight... what the h*ell else did you expect? If Kirby wore the mask AND the cape, he would have very little pink showing, and would resemble more of a MK recolour than a Kirby hat. I think this is the most appropriate way to go.

Squirtle's kirby hat is so great, IMO! It's better than just another cop ability that looks like Kirby is wearing a literal hat made to look like the copied character (a la Pikachu or Yoshi). Instead, he gets a turtle shell with a cute little tail! It seems more inventive than slapping on a hat that looks like Squirtle's head. I hope kirby gets a flower bulb for Ivysaur, or a firey tail for Charizard!

I wish Diddy's hat came with a furry chimp tail. The red Nintendo hat alone just doesn't say "Diddy" enough to me.

I love Pit's hat! It seems pretty fitting. All the others are just same ol' same ol, not much to talk about.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Honestly at first glance I utterly hated the Zamus hat.. but it's grown on me. I'm actually somewhat neutral to it now.

As for Meta Knights. Look, I know there isn't a great deal they could do, but if anything I would've rather him not bother with the wings. That, and the eye colour is utterly horrible, especially with the default pink colour. From the recolours earlier in the thread it looked a bit better, but still, why on earth did they pick that green?! If they'd just plastered Meta Knight's mask on to Kirby, with nothing else added, I would've been fine. It would be different enough from Meta Knight without the cape/shoulders/gloves/wings/whatever and still not look so odd in the eyes >.> *ends ranting*

Basically I just hate Meta Kirby's eye colour since I know there isn't much else they can do. Other than that, definately Yoshi. I always hated it.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
0-Suit Samus... and Snake's. Though Snake's is probably the most humorous one of them all. XD

Edit:
I would have liked to have seen Kirby with a cape instead of a mask for Meta Knight, as seen with Hi-Jump Kirby.
Which is why it's TOTALLY the best one seen in the update. Every other one there was either seen before, preditable, or just not all that remarkable. The Snake form has none of that, and is easily the most hilarious one I've ever seen. That beard is what tops it off.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
thats the one i dont like. i think they should have used all her hair. but my favorite was the one in the middle of these

(not confirmed)

Rakath

Smash Ace
Why does everyone hate the Metaknight hat?
It looks okay, I mean, I don't know how else they could do it..
The Tornado Hat from the various Kirby games.

Anyway, I'm gunna say 0S Samus for me too... unless it has the sparkle diamonds on his back, then Meta Kirby.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
ehhh i hated that d3 hat, then again it may be because i always hated d3 and im goin to have fun kicking his *** in brawl

sorry d3 lovers just hate him
i agree that was my second to last favorite.

and i also hate Dedede the only reason im excited he is in is so i can beat the crap out of him.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Zero Suit is meh.

Snake hat is the best thing I have seen so far in terms of Kirby hats.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I guess I'm the only one who thinks Kirby's Meta Knight hat looks cool...

I really don't like Kirby's ZSS hat.

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
Squritle. It looks like they just glued a sheel and tail on his back.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say the following:

Pit - Wings too small (Lack of hair dissapoints me too)
Meta-Knight - Wings too small, really nothing to it 'cept mask + wings.
Zero Suit Samus - JUST a pony tail...

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
Zamus
it looks as if there's a banana peel attached to kirby's head/body/w/e

Cervantes

Smash Rookie
Either Zamus' or Peach's. Kirby has enough problems being a pink puffball, and doesn't need to wear a crown. Every time Kirby wears the crown, Jesus weeps.

KirbyWarrior

Smash Cadet
Mario hat=Meh
Wario hat=Sure
Peach hat=Stupid
Link hat=Good
Dedede hat=Not Bad
Diddy hat= Good
ZSS hat=stupid
Yoshi hat=Really Stupid
Zelda hat=Meh
DK hat=Stupid
Squirtle hat= Good
Pikachu hat=Good
Samus hat=Not Bad
Fox hat=Meh
Bowser hat=Stupid
Metaknight hat=LORD NO!
Pit hat=Don't know,can't see his face
Snake hat=Good
|
This is my opinion

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the creative team really dropped the ball on the Kirby hats this time around. There is so much potential for wacky outfits that were not implemented.

Mario: Not bad, not much you can do. But a nice mustache in addition to the hat would be awesome.

Wario: Now this is just terrible. Yes Kirby looks cute in a helmet. But he is not suppose to look cute after absorbing Wario. He needs a fat pink nose with the zig zag mustache. That is what Wario is known for. Plus it could be used for both the Warioware outfit and the Retro Suit. (Hopefully Kirby has a different costume for the Retro suit. Perhaps the nose and mustache).

Peach: Looks good when he uses B move. I guess blonde hair could have been added, but not needed. Just the crown is cool.

Link: Looks nice. Not much else you can do anyways.

King DeDeDe: I think he looks fine. The beak could have been funny and differentiate the new sucking ability a little better visually.

Diddy: He needs the tail with the hat. I don't know why they couldn't have given him a tail.

Zamus: I have to say this is one of the best ones. Simple, but hilarious.

Yoshi: I would prefer if he just had the red curved spikes and the saddle then that ridiculous hat.

Zelda: Doesn't really go with Zelda's model but it looks neat.

DK: Needs the tie. Kirby would look awesome.

Squirtle: Awesome. One of the best. I like the shell idea. Hope he gets the flower for Ivysaur.

Pikachu: This one doesn't bother me as much as the Yoshi one. It is fine.

Samus: Good.

Fox: The scout reader thing would be a nice addition, but looks good.

Bowser: Not bad.

Metaknight: The thing about the wings is that they are too small and not proportionate. Why? Prolly because they do not allow Kirby to glide. They are decoration rather then an added feature. The best solution to giving Kirby a Metaknight hat is just giving him the cape. Kirby with a cape doing the hurricane move would look fantastic and appropiate. Rather then looking like an ugly version of the character he absorbed.

Pit: This one is fine. The angel wings work being small because Kirby is suppose to look cute in this form. Like a fat cherub.

Snake: Beard could have been faded better, but looks great nonetheless.

Top Bottom