• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Favorite Character to Fight Online

D

Deleted member

Are there any characters in Smash 4 you just absolutely HATE to encounter in For Glory?

Personally, I despise Sheik to death. Every time I have to fight her, I only get to hit her 20%-25% of the time. (I did do a serious number to her with Diddy Kong, but still lost 0-2.)

Little Mac is also cancer to me. If he didn't have super armor on his smash attacks, I'd be okay with him.

Honorable mentions go to Cloud and Jigglypuff.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
B A Y O N E T T A

Jesus christ, I cannot hate her more than enough, as an Olimar Main it is very difficult to keep up with her and almost impossible to get back to neutral ground when shes got me in her combos. (PS, seeing her as the new character filled me with so much salt, I voted for Banjo and fooled myself he would be included, but all in all, I get cucked by Bayo)

Cloud is also annoying with his juggling and insane hit boxes.

Little mac? man I love little mac players who are really good, they put their heart and soul into that little boxer regardless of the risks and its a warm sight. Now unless the person playing little mac is a 10 year old then forget it.

D

Deleted member

B A Y O N E T T A

Jesus christ, I cannot hate her more than enough, as an Olimar Main it is very difficult to keep up with her and almost impossible to get back to neutral ground when shes got me in her combos. (PS, seeing her as the new character filled me with so much salt, I voted for Banjo and fooled myself he would be included, but all in all, I get cucked by Bayo)
Bayonetta was an unexpected addition, though I kinda expected her at some point. As a character, she can be a pain if the player knows what they're doing.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
It's not that their bad or anything. I just don't have knowledge or experience on how to defeat them. And on top of that, many Sonic mains I have seen are usually lag switchers. (I play on my new 3DS xl.) So I never have a real chance to practice facing Sonic mains, and when I do, my lack of knowledge on how to fight them gets me rekt. But I do look forward to seeing a good Sonic main again though. I hope they and I trade wins and Ls back and forth once I do encounter one.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Either a FG Cloud or FG Link. 95% of FG Links will bombard you with projectile spam as well as rolling spam, and FG Clouds can easily attack and roll away as much to their heart's content. It's frustrating a little bit, but it's easy to read nonetheless.

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
For me, it is not really the character but it is how my character gets countered. I have not found a secondary I like yet so being a Wii fit solo main really has its downsides. Personally, I despise Lucas because I love using Sun Salutation and Yeaah. Also, if I try to dash grab punish, a bad habit considering wii fit's terrible dash grab range, I usually eat the post-psi-magnet shock.

C3CC

Smash Lord
****ING SONIC.

I hate him. All he does is roll and run, roll and run, roll and run. I hate fighting him online, offline, in Classic, in All-Star, in EVERYTHING. Plus I HATE the character itself. He's so obnoxious.

D

Deleted member

****ING SONIC.

I hate him. All he does is roll and run, roll and run, roll and run. I hate fighting him online, offline, in Classic, in All-Star, in EVERYTHING. Plus I HATE the character itself. He's so obnoxious.
Countering Sonic is actually easy. Just stay in your shield until he stops rolling or stay in the air where he won't get you.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4yoshi:, it's really not Yoshi himself that's annoying as much as it's the utterly obnoxious Jigglypuff match-up, I'm not sure if I'd say he's the worst match-up for Jigglypuff (he's still up there though), but I still think he's the most annoying one to face as her.

D

Deleted member

:4yoshi:, it's really not Yoshi himself that's annoying as much as it's the utterly obnoxious Jigglypuff match-up, I'm not sure if I'd say he's the worst match-up for Jigglypuff (he's still up there though), but I still think he's the most annoying one to face as her.
Well, there are a lot of things to consider in this MU, like Yoshi's superb air game and Jigglypuff's light weight.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
He wouldn't be so bad if his fanbase didn't make me want to chew on Broken glass

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
For me, :4yoshi: and :4lucas: are the most annoying to fight, both online and offline as a matter of fact. I just have so much trouble with them.

Lag switch :4samus: and :4bowser: are runner ups for sure.

AlexJ15

Smash Cadet
Noob :4link: & :4tlink: are the most annoying, in my opinion. They will either camp, roll as their only method of movement, spam smash attacks & projectiles or do all four.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Ryu is definitely one of my demons because of how scary True-Shoryuken is.

chocolatte

Smash Rookie
NNID
chocolattez
:4link: Just because of the for glory tactics lol. It makes you play a certain way and I usually don't feel like dealing with it. I'll also say :4mario: since he just does things because he can and he's so simple to use.

Kaytu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2079-8987-9930
One time in FG a :4link: ran at me at the start of the match without throwing projectiles. I legit almost died.

Anyway :4bayonetta: and :4sonic: are the worst imo. Bayonetta for obvious reasons and I just find Sonic to be the most obnoxious character in the Sm4sh roster. His annoying vocalizations, grotesque noodle arms, ugly red shoes, and of course spin dash.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Yeesh, all this Sonic hate...
Most sonic's I fight do the same thing and if they beat you they almost ALWAYS taunt, its like, their code to be a jerk.

Hench what I said above, If the fanbase for sonic wasn't... well you know, then maybe his character would be alright to fight- even with his obnoxious characteristics.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Out of my entire For Glory experience for the past two years and from what I commonly come across myself:

:4cloud:/:4cloud2: Cloud
I'm honestly just sick of seeing him 8/10 times I go onto For Glory. I will enjoy fighting a good Cloud player (and I have come across some that have absolutely bodied me before), but what really peeves me are the ones that run away and Limit Charge the entire match. I hate these Clouds specifically. They rely on Limit Charge far too much and absolutely refuse to fight until it is charged.

Then of course, they roll spam and almost always go for Finishing Touch. They never try to save it, or hardly use the other B moves he has. I've even had Clouds try to use it on me when I'm at 0%, and I honestly have to wonder why one would waste it like that.

:4sonic: Sonic
I'm so glad that I hardly run into Sonic's anymore, but when I do they're always the ones that Spin Dash all over the stage, and try to do the jump Fair to Up B even when it doesn't connect. I'm just tired of the spinning. So much spinning... Make the spinning stop.

:4kirby:/:4bowser: Kirby & Bowser
These two have reasons one may not expect.

I don't know about anyone else, and it might just be my luck; however when I face a Kirby or Bowser on For Glory they absolutely have no idea what they're doing 95% of the time. I'm talking about Kirbys trying to charge his hammer the entire match trying to hit you with it and failing every time, or typical Stone spam. Same with Bowser. Down B for days with a 100% failure rate.

As for the other 5%, they're a blessing to come across. I wish I came across the 5% more than the 95%. The disappointment is real.

:4pikachu: Pikachu
I will admit it's very rare for me to find a Pikachu online. When I do find one they're almost ALWAYS good or at the very least make the match last almost about the entire five minutes. He's just so... Small and hard to hit, plus I have zero knowledge on how to deal with him given the fact he's so uncommon to come across. So he gives me an abnormally hard time each and every time.

:4ness: Ness
I love a good Ness player that doesn't rely on PK Spam every single waking second. Sadly I have better chances at winning the lottery than coming across those types of Ness's. What's been eating at me most of all with Ness specifically lately, is the fact everyone and their dog have been switching to him as a Counter Pick for my Bayonetta. He's almost always guaranteed to come out whenever I play Bayonetta, even when it's clear the person has no idea what they're doing and even did worse using Ness.

I haven't quite studied Bayonettas poor Match Ups yet, but does Ness give her that much of a hard time? Why is everyone suddenly using him as an immediate Counter Pick for her? Aside from that... Ya know.... PK FIRE! PK FIRE! PK FIRE! PK FIRE...!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4pikachu: Pikachu
I will admit it's very rare for me to find a Pikachu online. When I do find one they're almost ALWAYS good or at the very least make the match last almost about the entire five minutes. He's just so... Small and hard to hit, plus I have zero knowledge on how to deal with him given the fact he's so uncommon to come across. So he gives me an abnormally hard time each and every time.
Pikachus are indeed rare in For Glory. Maybe it has to do with the debate on his tier placement, since no one can agree on anything.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Captain Falcon is probably my most hated. Aside from being annoyingly common, it's a very difficult MU for me personally (I don't think it's that bad of a MU for Alph). He's just really hard for me to keep up with. It also doesn't help that most of them tend to be jerks, too.

I also kind of love running into other Olimar/Alph players but also really hate it at the same time. They're so rare that it's a nice surprise to find one, and I tend to have fun matches with them, but because they're so rare I have no clue how to fight one, even though I play him lol. There's just... so many pikmin...

And Sonic because Sonic.

Pikachus are indeed rare in For Glory. Maybe it has to do with the debate on his tier placement, since no one can agree on anything.
Pikachu was my secondary for awhile and one of the reasons I gave up on him was because he's in utter nightmare to play in lag. It really messes up your quick attack inputs. I'm guessing that's the main reason he's not very common.

I haven't quite studied Bayonettas poor Match Ups yet, but does Ness give her that much of a hard time? Why is everyone suddenly using him as an immediate Counter Pick for her?
Afaik, Diddy Kong's the only one people commonly tend to see as a bad match up for her, but I can see why people may think to switch Ness. The safest way to kill Bayo is with a grab after all. From what I heard though, it's still a slight advantage for her.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I also kind of love running into other Olimar/Alph players but also really hate it at the same time. They're so rare that it's a nice surprise to find one, and I tend to have fun matches with them, but because they're so rare I have no clue how to fight one, even though I play him lol. There's just... so many pikmin...
Hah, didn't expect another Pikmin Main to comment here.

Fighting dittos with Oli/Alph is relatively easy if your able to keep your pikmin in order with the whistle and memorize which pikmin is next (thank god for the red arrow above the next in line).

Also with the captain falcon MU, as long as you play it safe and patient a Falcon player is relatively easy, I usually lure them into grabs or try and shake them off with Nair. on some occasions I'll lure a falcon to his death when he tries to challenge Oli/Alph's great recovery lol

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Bayonetta: I can't stand fighting this character at all. That Heel Slide of hers is really hard to read and effectively not get hit by it. Then there's her combo's following it, which are incredibly hard to break out of. Witch Time gets on my nerves on the occasion that she goes into Bat Within, BUT YOU STILL GET SLOWED. Another thing is that because of the hitboxes on Witch Twist and Afterburner Kick, edgeguarding her is practically impossible. I honestly can't stand fighting her and I usually leave when fighting a Bayonetta, win or lose.

Kirby: This guy's grab follow ups are obnoxious. How is even where he is on the Tier List?

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Hah, didn't expect another Pikmin Main to comment here.

Fighting dittos with Oli/Alph is relatively easy if your able to keep your pikmin in order with the whistle and memorize which pikmin is next (thank god for the red arrow above the next in line).

Also with the captain falcon MU, as long as you play it safe and patient a Falcon player is relatively easy, I usually lure them into grabs or try and shake them off with Nair. on some occasions I'll lure a falcon to his death when he tries to challenge Oli/Alph's great recovery lol
Nice to meet you, my brother. The ditto would be easier for me if just had more experience with it. I rely a lot on prior experiences with MUs to figure what to do, without that though, my mind just completely blanks. It's been so long since I last fought another Olimar that I can't even remember what I did wrong >_> It annoys me that it gives me so much trouble.

I definitely need to be more patient against falcon. It'll be going well until he gets in on me, then I tend to get all frazzled and make a whole bunch of mistakes trying to find my footing again. He's the only character that makes me panic like that. His advantage state is scary, man.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
It's been so long since I last fought another Olimar that I can't even remember what I did wrong >_> It annoys me that it gives me so much trouble.

I definitely need to be more patient against falcon. It'll be going well until he gets in on me, then I tend to get all frazzled and make a whole bunch of mistakes trying to find my footing again. He's the only character that makes me panic like that. His advantage state is scary, man.
Well if you want we could go toe-to-toe sometime if your up for it.

Yeah, rushdown characters can be quite a pain to deal with, they want the battle to go by quickly and if your stuck in that situation you'll be bopped around like a beach ball. Another tip for you is that since Oli/Alph can Attack literally Right out of his Recovery, I usually sometimes float above them for a second then drop down like a bomb with a fast fall Nair and if it works, I go straight into Up Tilt to push them back to regain some neutral ground.

PS. I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but if you use a Mid-air Pikmin pluck right before you hit the ground Olimar/Alph will receive NO Landing lag whatsoever so you can Instantly go into a smash attack or jab if needed.

D

Deleted member

:4bowser: Bowser is now on my list, seeing how successful he's been as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I'm extraordinarily thankful that to this day I still have not encountered an olimar or either of the mother boys on fg, because I'd either go all-out or just sd (theyr'e my 3 least favorite characters).
I also have weird luck with not encountering that many of the usual characters people hate.
But all in all, thinking about it, I'd say the ones I encounter the most that I can't stand are :4samus: and :4shulk:. I'd say I've encountered them the most, and they can be incredibly annoying. With samus, it's the amount of projectiles she throws out to keep me at a distance, literally worse than most fg link encounters. It's impossible for me to get in close, and when I do she just dops bombs and rolls away to spam me to the ends of the earth. With shulk, it just doesn't feel good to be beaten by a monado boy, especially when he taunts. All thos fairs coming out, and even with how bad they can be my natural instinct is to shield them, and I then get my shield broken by smash. I hate fighting shulks and samuses. I just hate it.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
Well if you want we could go toe-to-toe sometime if your up for it.
I'd be down for that. If I grind the ditto a bit, maybe I can finally put my history of having embarrassingly close matches to salty ditto-ers to rest, heh...

Yup, I'm aware of aerial pikmin pluck, it autocancels on every frame of the animation I believe. I love landing with it out of tumble so I can catch people off guard when they were expecting a tech.

D

Deleted member

I'm extraordinarily thankful that to this day I still have not encountered an olimar or either of the mother boys on fg, because I'd either go all-out or just sd (theyr'e my 3 least favorite characters).
I also have weird luck with not encountering that many of the usual characters people hate.
But all in all, thinking about it, I'd say the ones I encounter the most that I can't stand are :4samus: and :4shulk:. I'd say I've encountered them the most, and they can be incredibly annoying. With samus, it's the amount of projectiles she throws out to keep me at a distance, literally worse than most fg link encounters. It's impossible for me to get in close, and when I do she just dops bombs and rolls away to spam me to the ends of the earth. With shulk, it just doesn't feel good to be beaten by a monado boy, especially when he taunts. All thos fairs coming out, and even with how bad they can be my natural instinct is to shield them, and I then get my shield broken by smash. I hate fighting shulks and samuses. I just hate it.
:4duckhunt: is WAY worse than either :4link: or :4samus:, if you ask me.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Bayonetta by far. It seems like they just mash buttons until they get a dtilt or grounded side-b, then you have to deal with her air combos.

Link, Samus, Duck Hunt, Ness, whoever else is has a general consensus of being annoying or spammy - I can deal with. It won't be fun if they are being super campy, but I'll cope. But nothing makes me want to throw my controller against the wall like Bayonetta combos.

Runner ups are:

Sonic (slows down my game since I have to be super patient and careful, unless they're just one of the spindash/jump/uair/rinse and repeat Sonics)

Sheik (similar to Bayo but at least when she gets me to a percent where she can't combo me any more, I know I can probably make it to around 150%)

Little Mac (depends on what character I'm playing, but I just always forget about the armor on his smashes and take wallops to the face).

D

Deleted member

Little Mac (depends on what character I'm playing, but I just always forget about the armor on his smashes and take wallops to the face).
If I may ask, how does it depend on which character you're playing? I'm curious.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
If I may ask, how does it depend on which character you're playing? I'm curious.
I think I worded that badly. I forget about the armor with everyone sometimes.

It's just hard to exploit his recovery with some of the characters I use. And there are no platforms to run to so the combination of his armor/speed/priority can really put me in a corner on FG. And that isn't even factoring in the possibility of lag. I usually need to switch characters if I'm playing DHD.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Bayonetta by far. It seems like they just mash buttons until they get a dtilt or grounded side-b, then you have to deal with her air combos.t
My Friend and I agree Religiously.

some people tell me to just "Get gud" when fighting Bayonetta but its Just really difficult to do so since most of the cast has a hard time fighting her and with that Witch Time Gimmick, god its annoying, you have to be super careful when fighting her or else your not going anywhere except Loserville. Just the tension of seeing her makes me Unhappy.

Last edited:

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
I would say the Lucas players who just camp near ledge and spam, uhhh who else....For Glory Links, and King Dee. Everyone else, I know the MU but the ones listed above just give my character a hard time and I gotta be patient. They usually are one of the saltiest, well....from my experience. The For Glory Sonics get the saltiest.

xX_01dxBo0Z3r_Xx

Banned via Warnings
i think that bozer is annoying to face. he can zero to death true combo you with his side b off stage no matter ur %. hes scary and s tier. idk bout u guys but im quittin smash until they nerf bozer side b limit break.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
i think that bozer is annoying to face. he can zero to death true combo you with his side b off stage no matter ur %. hes scary and s tier. idk bout u guys but im quittin smash until they nerf bozer side b limit break.
Do you always troll or is this a new venture for you?

Top Bottom