• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leaf -> Bud -> Flower

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'm fairly sure this is a new subject, but if not...oh well.

Anyway, it seems that the Pikmin to go from leaf to bud to flower as time goes on and they manage to survive. I think many assumed that before, but it wasn't confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lUo3BcrDOA (03:10)
Oh wow, great find here. I was questioning beforehand in speculation what was the cause of the leaf-->bud--> flower changes in the Pikmin. I guess it's pretty confirmed now that it is indeed time that changes the Pikmin. Do you have a translation to what is being said in this video?

Also, now I wonder as I have before if the changes affect the Pikmin's attributes, as I suspect they do just like in the games.

Do you have a translation to what is being said in this video?
Unfortunately no, which is a shame since I'm curious about that myself. I'm not even sure how Snake starts up those Codec conversations, but I assume it's a taunt he can only use on Shadow Moses Island. But maybe we can fetch SamuraiPanda for the text translations...

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya one of the events in brawl is not to attack with the pikmin till they flower but i dont know what differences the stages make.

NoobasaurusRex

Smash Rookie
Doesn't say anything about the leaves for the pikmin. Just talks about how the Pikmin die quickly, and how he can increase the number of them. (Go Olimar btw!)

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
ya one of the events in brawl is not to attack with the pikmin till they flower but i dont know what differences the stages make.
i remember on the dojo sakurai said something like...some pikmin are more likely to appear depending on what ground you pull it from.

so i THINK it's like...if it's a hot stage, like samus' lava/acid stages, red pikmin are more prone to being pulled. just a thought...=)

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I hope there is some sort of benefit for the pikmin for becoming a flower (perhaps increased speed of all pikmin related attacks while using a bud or flower pikmin, eg smash)

(I'm off to see if I can find some pikmin related attacks)

Top Bottom