• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

launching project m - an error has occurred please press the eject button....

ncw14

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble getting Project M 3.5 to work for my Wii. When I go into Stage Builder, Project M boots up fine. I click play and once its gets past the website and to the part where it says loading in the bottom right corner the screen goes white and my Wii starts making a strange sound and seconds later I get the message "An error has occurred please press the eject button and remove the disk. turn the wii console off and refer to the manual." Im using a 2gb SD card this has happened multiple times. I have re-downloaded the Hackless Wii version multiple times and reformatted the SD card multiple times. I'm not sure how to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated.

MaxThunder

PM Support
that's a disc reading error... PM wouldn't cause that to happen as far as i know...
is the disc scratched/wii old?.. had slow load times or disc reading errors in regular brawl?..

ncw14

Smash Rookie
I don't encounter any disc reading errors or slow loading times for regular brawl and the Disc is not scratched or damaged, however My Wii is very old and sometimes makes strange noises. Hope that's not the issue, I'd rather not have to buy a whole new Wii just to play Project M.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It does appear to be the Wii showing its age, or at least having difficulty with dual-layer discs. If you have any of these games, check to see if they also cause strange noises/disc read errors:

• Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Metroid Other M
  • Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
  • Samurai Warriors 3
  • Raving Rabbids Collection
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • The Last Story
  • Samurai Warriors 3 Z

If these also give problems, then it's a problem with the Wii's ability to read dual-layer discs, in which case you can either send it to Nintendo for repairs, or install homebrew and use a USB loader.

Top Bottom