• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Launcher 1.11 will not work

Murphidious

Smash Rookie
After updating to 1.11, my Project M will not launch. When trying to go to the 1.11 launcher from the Brawl Stage Builder, it says there's an issue with boot.elf and hangs. If I go back to the launcher that comes packaged with PM 3.5 it still works, but any time I update this happens.

Murphidious

Smash Rookie
A gorillion times. I can update to 1.11 every time, and it will work. The launcher works fine, I can see the addons, I can start Project M. I can even restart my console, unplug and replug my SD card, and work my way from the Wii menu to the launcher and have the launcher work fine. However, every time AFTER I have installed 1.11 and then take my SD card to my computer, files on the SD card are messed up. For example, boot.elf is 0kb, menu_music.brstm is 0kb, and a couple other files are the wrong size. After this, it stops working on my Wii. It gives Error -2, says SD Card not detected and boot.elf not valid.

This ONLY happens with 1.11. I can go back to the old launcher all day and have it work without issue. It's driving me absolutely insane.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Honestly, if the new launcher won't work, but the old one will, then the best solution is to just stick to the old one. Homebrew software like this isn't guaranteed to work on every Wii - there are people posting here nearly every day who can't get any Project M-made launcher to work, and instead need to use Gecko OS, which has a higher success rate (but still not 100%).

MaxThunder

PM Support
It should not be necessary to update it, though...

Edit: oh hang on the hackless version come with the wrong version of the launcher yeah but you can get the new version of launcher from the homebrew version...

Last edited:

Murphidious

Smash Rookie
Honestly, if the new launcher won't work, but the old one will, then the best solution is to just stick to the old one. Homebrew software like this isn't guaranteed to work on every Wii - there are people posting here nearly every day who can't get any Project M-made launcher to work, and instead need to use Gecko OS, which has a higher success rate (but still not 100%).
Need the new launcher for the addons feature. :\

Murphidious

Smash Rookie
Can anyone upload their PM build WITH the updated launcher? I'm almost positive the issue is the installation rather than the launcher, but there is currently no way to properly manually install the files. In fact I'm pretty sure just the boot.elf from the new launcher would be enough to get this working.

Top Bottom