• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last of the Sheikah/shiek solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
You guys have been arguing over whether shiek should stay or go due to the new zelda
in LoZ TP. (Don't worry I won't spoil anything, because I have yet to play TP).

Well I found a solution so that in a way shiek can stay and the new zelda can appear.

Impa for Brawl!

You heard me right this in no joke. Belive it or not Impa is a good replacement for shiek.

"During the seven year span in which Link was frozen by the Master Sword, she teaches Zelda the way of the Sheikah so that she can become a cloaked warrior named Sheik. " ~wikipedia

Belive it or not,but " Unlike the rest of the sages, she was not named after a town in The Adventure of Link, but has been present since the first Zelda game, The Legend of Zelda."

So she is zeldas/shieks master so everything that shiek does, she taught her.

And the name has some relavance to the history of zelda.

Here are other forms of impa that appear throughout the series...
(Legend of zelda/Adventures of Link)

A Impa in the center (Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons)

She could be an exact sheik clone, or maby she could use her the short sword she carries on her back for a few moves.

So why not Impa?

Tell me what you think. :)

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Ya! I like the idea. She's been around since the begining, played a major role in Zelda's life, and is a ninja. Personally I'd prefer Nabouru if a sage was to make an appearance (check out the "Gerudo guards for brawl" thread: detailed moveset ), but the sheikah would make a cool character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No I'm against it really... Zero Suit Samus is enough of a replacement for Sheik for me.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Ya! I like the idea. She's been around since the begining, played a major role in Zelda's life, and is a ninja. Personally I'd prefer Nabouru if a sage was to make an appearance (check out the "Gerudo guards for brawl" thread: detailed moveset ), but the sheikah would make a cool character.
She is zeldas guard, and mentor. She only became a sage later, she played role by helping both link and zelda. And by trying to seal away the boss in the shadow temple
that lead to her becoming a sage.

No I'm against it really... Zero Suit Samus is enough of a replacement for Sheik for me.
Tell that to all the sheik fans, they want to see sheik return as a transformation, and others
as a seprate character. Zero Suit Samus was only put in their so that it would seem like there was more metroid reps. As opposed to Zelda who needed sheik to balance her out. Samusreally didn't need Zero Suit Samus.

So Impa could be a seperate character be just like sheik, and leave the controversy of zelda behind. I still like shiek, but I have a feeling that she will be ditched for the newer zelda. :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tell that to all the sheik fans, they want to see sheik return as a transformation, and others as a seprate character. Zero Suit Samus was only put in their so that it would seem like there was more metroid reps.
Yeah true, Sheik fans want Sheik back... That's common logic. Dr.Mario fans want their favorite character to return aswell, but they can't please all the fans... Noone can.

Yeah, ZSS was putted in for more Metroid reps I know, but I still say that the character is either based on Sheik, or ment to replace Sheik... I guess the latter, since Sheik has been absend in all lately released Zelda games and I seriously doubt she'll ever return...

Sheik is from a game with already alot of representitives, Zero Suit Samus isn't... Also, the Zelda franchise as alot of potential brawlers to, Metroid really only has Ridley. So in order to balance things out, characters should be removed, or replaced.

As opposed to Zelda who needed sheik to balance her out. Samusreally didn't need Zero Suit Samus.
That's not true! Zelda/Sheik was ment to be a character which had to rely on switching between the two characters... It was never any of the devloper's idea to make Sheik so redicilously better than Zelda. >_> Also, if Zelda get's a TP revamped moveset and is a little bit quicker she doesn't "need" Sheik to balance her out.

As for Samus who didn't really needed ZSS, how can you know? Sure Melee Samus is better than the avarage character in SSBM, but that doesn't means Brawl Samus will be, or that ZSS will be better or worse than Samus...

People are seriously not realising that Brawl is not Melee 2! Look back at SSB64, it's a whole diffrent game than SSBM. And I'm guessing -and hoping- that they will do the same with Brawl, since otherwise I'd be rather disapointed.

Now going back on topic: Yes I agree that Sheik needs a replacement, since Zelda is a huge franchise. Melee had 2 OoT (and Majora's Mask which is still in the same "universe") only characters, so I'm hoping now that they'll add atleast one TP only character... May that be Zant or Midna, I don't care both are very intressting characters.

That's all I've got to say...

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Yeah true, Sheik fans want Sheik back... That's common logic. Dr.Mario fans want their favorite character to return aswell, but they can't please all the fans... Noone can.

Well they do have Dr. Mario, just being Mario. The moves look different, but they are basicly the same. imo But sheik doesn't have clone that we know of, we can't say ZS will be a clone yet. Pichu will be in the game as pikachu, dr mario in as mario, and so on. Yeah you can't please all the fans, but at least (probaly) the characters that won't make it to brawl would be characters that were very similar to other characters.

Yeah, ZSS was putted in for more Metroid reps I know, but I still say that the character is either based on Sheik, or ment to replace Sheik... I guess the latter, since Sheik has been absend in all lately released Zelda games and I seriously doubt she'll ever return...

Yeah chances are I don't think Sheik will return, but ZS samus and Sheik arn't exactly
the same character, ZS samus uses a lazer gun, while Sheik is a ninja character that throws needles, and we arn't even sure how you will be able to use ZS samus. For all we know she might only be able to transform when you get the brawl token.

Sheik is from a game with already alot of representitives, Zero Suit Samus isn't... Also, the Zelda franchise as alot of potential brawlers to, Metroid really only has Ridley. So in order to balance things out, characters should be removed, or replaced.

Sheik is from a game with alot of reps no arguing around that, and I can understand why
they would add ZS samus, but they will be taking away one of the most used and one
of the most popular characters from melee and trying to replace her with a character
that honestly didn't need any help to begin with(imo). Zelda wouldn't have been very good
in SSBM without Sheik, because she lacked hand to hand combat, I am not saying that she
will lack this in brawl, but who can replace sheik besides impa? the person that trained her. That would solve the whole Zelda problem while making some fans happy.

That's not true! Zelda/Sheik was ment to be a character which had to rely on switching between the two characters... It was never any of the devloper's idea to make Sheik so redicilously better than Zelda. >_> Also, if Zelda get's a TP revamped moveset and is a little bit quicker she doesn't "need" Sheik to balance her out.

I never ment that I ment they needed to balance zelda out, she had very few moves for hand to hand combat, most of her moves were ranged. And I already know the whole TP,
yes zelda will probaly not have sheik, but she was so popular I think it would be a bad idea to just take her out without some kind of replacement. (Imo) and having Sheik as a seperate character would be making it look like they arn't the same character, now impa has played a pretty big role in OoT and has made several references throughout the series.

As for Samus who didn't really needed ZSS, how can you know? Sure Melee Samus is better than the avarage character in SSBM, but that doesn't means Brawl Samus will be, or that ZSS will be better or worse than Samus...

Samus didn't really need her that was my opinion. Samus didn't need her in SSB64 and
neither in SSBM. I think she had plenty of potential of being a great character in Brawl without zero suit samus. that is purly opinion until brawl comes out and we can decide for ourselves if she ZSS was really needed.

People are seriously not realising that Brawl is not Melee 2! Look back at SSB64, it's a whole diffrent game than SSBM. And I'm guessing -and hoping- that they will do the same with Brawl, since otherwise I'd be rather disapointed.

I do realize it, but I don't think they would just nerf her into a character that basicly would
be useless, so unless if they turned
her into a useless rag doll. I don't think that it was nessary to add her. imo

Now going back on topic: Yes I agree that Sheik needs a replacement, since Zelda is a huge franchise. Melee had 2 OoT (and Majora's Mask which is still in the same "universe") only characters, so I'm hoping now that they'll add atleast one TP only character... May that be Zant or Midna, I don't care both are very intressting characters.

She does need a replacement, Like I said in the first post I don't know about TP, so I can't really comment on that. I am hoping to see a replacement for sheik, and hoping to see skullkid, and maby a TP character... yeah I know that sounds like alot... :ohwell:

That's all I've got to say...
my replies in orange.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Don't we already have an Impa topic? Someone PM me if we don't and I'll reopen this, although I'm almost positive we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom