• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lasers to cover platform camping

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
By now many of you have undoubtedly come across a player who completely shutdown your laser game by platform camping.

There are ways to adapt your laser game to counter this (double jump laser, fullhop laser) but these often put you at risk.

So I've taken to WD off of side platform DJ laser a strategy very similar to double laser from ledge.

The lasers cover both top and opposite side platform while putting you at minimal risk.

You can also alter your timing to cover opposite side platform and ground for Stadium.

This is just a strategy I've been employing I'd love to hear all of your thoughts on it.

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
This depends on where the enemy is.

If they have elected to remain on the platforms then you should repeat the action.

If they are approaching you from the ground or air you have a number of options.
-stay on the edge of the platform and lightshield. Their rising aerial will push you off and leave them in a bad position.
-get back on the ground. From here you would play neutral game as normal, it is important to pay attention to what they are doing.
-grab ledge. This option is your last resort if they are a faster character who has avoided your lasers and is now approaching you and you don't have enough time to get back to a platform or the ground

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this sounds like a pretty useful trick.
I'd also refer you to this video for some more tricks you can use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkUfAtXnNAU
Just one thing though, watch out when light shielding on the platform for a waveland grab, alot of people won't figure it out. I always use it during an opponents invincibility if they don't catch on.

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
Update: November 29th, 2015.

While this method is useful for controlling space and forcing the opponent off of platforms it can also cause you to give up stage control.

I'd suggest alternating between wavedashing off of the rear side of the platform and wavelanding off of the front side of the platform to keep the opponent from forcing you into the corner.

Top Bottom