• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser Lock questions that need answering

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
So I know they have to be in their tumbling animation at ground level to initiate laser lock, but there's some stuff that I need to know about it cuz I can't seem to pull it off (perhaps it was removed in the american version?)

Does it matter if they fall onto either their back or stomach?

When do you time the shots for: Do you hit them before they hit the ground or when they've hit the ground?

Are there any other details that are important to starting a laser lock?

MichelFalcaut

Smash Cadet
So I know they have to be in their tumbling animation at ground level to initiate laser lock, but there's some stuff that I need to know about it cuz I can't seem to pull it off (perhaps it was removed in the american version?)

Does it matter if they fall onto either their back or stomach?

When do you time the shots for: Do you hit them before they hit the ground or when they've hit the ground?

Are there any other details that are important to starting a laser lock?

Both back and stomach work. Hit them after they hit the ground but before the bounce is complete.

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
Its kind of like timing it so that they bounce up and into your shot. Is there anyone the lock DOESN'T work on? I've seen it done on Bowser, and I've done it to Snake and Samus, but never really tried anyone else...

Mx7f

Smash Cadet
I've done it to another falco, but after the 4th laser it just went right over him. Dunno if its possible that I shot too slow, cuz I thought if you didn't hit B fast enough you automatically stopped shooting.

Top Bottom