• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Large enough Roster?

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or doe we actually deserve a huge ****ing roster?

If you don't know me, I want Dark Samus in brawl, else I will not play Brawl at all. Now that that is out of the way...

It seems to me that Nintendo's biggest Franchises (I'm going by popularity and sales) should each get 4 reps in the game. Those of course are Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon. Look at this sample roster:

Super Mario
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser

The Legend of Zelda
1. Link
2. Zelda
3. Sheik
4. Ganondorf

Metroid
1. Samus
2. Zero Suit Samus
3. Ridley
4. Dark Samus

Pokemon
1. Pikachu
2. Pokemon Trainer (Charizard / Ivysuar / Squirtle)
3. Mewtwo / Jigglypuff (idk which is better)
4. Lucario

Then fill with the remainder. That's only 16 character, and only five are new. Is this really so impossible?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I disagree with everything you said...

People are not deserving of a huge roster and your ONLY 4 characters per franchise thing is stupid

Machete

Smash Ace
Didnt Gimpy confirm a costume for samus that was dark
Yeah... the Phazon suit. :ohwell:

And, of course, not. Mario, Zelda and Pokémon deserve at least as many characters as in Melee.
Also, Metroid is fine with only Samus and Ridley, although Dark Samus would be cool.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
Please people, at least research before you post.

Phazon / Dark Suit =/= Dark Samus. DS is blue, not grey / black.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Is it just me, or doe we actually deserve a huge ****ing roster?

If you don't know me, I want Dark Samus in brawl, else I will not play Brawl at all. Now that that is out of the way...
Lol. Is that a joke? Don't plan on playing Brawl, then!

And we don't DESERVE a huge roster, but we're getting one. What's wrong with that?

BTW, some franchises are getting more than four. Mario's, for example.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
Ok Jay, tell me whatthe biggest ones are.

And yes it's true, I'm not waiting 6 more years hoping for Dark Samus. If it doesn't happen now, then I'll stop caring, because the tagline "Play with your favourite Nintendo characters" would be wrong. I expect more from a Nintendo game than outright lies, especially when my favourite villain isn't some obscure character from a smaller game series.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Yeah, not happening.
Mario's series LOSING a rep and not even gaining 1-2 new ones and he's Nintendo's most important franchise?

No new Zelda characters?

Now I agree that Metroid is under-repped, but it getting three newcomers (counting Zamus) and Mario not getting any from the last installment of the series is absolutely preposterous.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, not happening.
Mario's series LOSING a rep and not even gaining 1-2 new ones and he's Nintendo's most important franchise?

No new Zelda characters?

Now I agree that Metroid is under-repped, but it getting three newcomers (counting Zamus) and Mario not getting any from the last installment of the series is absolutely preposterous.
I never said 4 was the limit; I said the more popular franchises today should get more. Metroid is popular, and yet we see 1 new one who isn't a character by herself. I want more Mario / Zelda reps, don't get me wrong, I just want more metroid reps too.

And DS has been in 2 Metroid games, incidentilly the last two big metroid games (echoes and corruption).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never said 4 was the limit; I said the more popular franchises today should get more. Metroid is popular, and yet we see 1 new one who isn't a character by herself. I want more Mario / Zelda reps, don't get me wrong, I just want more metroid reps too.

And DS has been in 2 Metroid games, incidentilly the last two big metroid games (echoes and corruption).
Metroid isn't THAT popular SALES-wise, compared to some...

DK is the 4th biggest selling series, for example

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Sorry, Guglio, but you seem to think that Nintendo OWE you something.

They don't OWE you Dark Samus. Just because Dark Samus is your favourite Nintendo character, doesn't mean that she should be in.

And what do you mean be "outright lies"!? Just because YOUR favourite character does not make Nintendo liars. What is WRONG with you??

You're just spoilt! Grow up!

Also, for the record, I do agree with your point that Metroid should get Ridley and Dark Samus. But I wouldn't have a childish fit if they weren't playable.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
You seem to think Nintendo isn't a corporation.

They exist to create sales. They wouldn't be making Brawl if it wasn't going to generate sales. If they want me to purchase their game and put money into their hands, they need to give me something that I want. I'm not going to randomly buy a 360 if no game on it would be enjoyable to play.

I play a trading card game also, and I firmly believe that if the company wants me to buy their product, they owe me something I would want to play. Both Nintendo and that company have done a fantastic job so far, so why would they disappoint now.

They don't OWE you Dark Samus. Just because Dark Samus is your favourite Nintendo character, doesn't mean that she should be in.
And yet, many other people want certain less known characters.

Also, for the record, I do agree with your point that Metroid should get Ridley and Dark Samus. But I wouldn't have a childish fit if they weren't playable.
How is not buying a game a childish fit? That's a pretty pathetic arguement.

And what do you mean be "outright lies"!? Just because YOUR favourite character does not make Nintendo liars. What is WRONG with you??

You're just spoilt! Grow up!
I'm not the one shouting am I? Maybe you should mature and talk calmly.

And learning to spell, jesus.

Top Bottom