• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laptop Opinion

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone, i'm planning on getting a laptop for general internet browsing and also for some gaming. I found this one on Tiger Direct and it looked (to me) pretty good, so I was just wondering if anyone could give their opinion on this computer, and/or recommend another one. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4023064&CatId=17

Thanks in advance.

Edit : I found another nice computer. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4040158&CatId=17

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't go crazy, I bought one for the same purpose. A 600-700 dollar computer should fit your needs.
Remember the computer is not the biggest factor for the gaming. The Internet Connection strength determines most of that.

KOdEx

Smash Cadet
Both are pretty good but the second one is a refurbished laptop if you didn't catch that or if you care, should check their return policy if it ends up not working depending on their return policy i would take the second one cause the extra gig of ram does more than the 100mhz for gaming, multitasking etc and that's largely dependent on their return policy for refurbished items it also has a blu-ray drive and a larger screen with better resolution and finally depends on the games you want to play.

I wouldn't go crazy, I bought one for the same purpose. A 600-700 dollar computer should fit your needs.
Remember the computer is not the biggest factor for the gaming. The Internet Connection strength determines most of that.
You don't need the internet to play a computer game....

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I own the second one, only with an AMD turion 64 bit chip in it, and no blu-ray player.

It's by far the nicest laptop I've ever owned. I love it. it will do you right.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
How much memory you have and what kind of graphics card you have also determines the speed of a computer game online or offline, not just the Internet. I'm not saying you don't need Internet to play an online game because obviously, you do.

Top Bottom