• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laijin's tex mex guide: Discuss. Which is better?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Here is my list:

1. Moes Southwest Grill. Nothing beats those Nachos omg <3 Unlike Chipotle, you can put whatever the **** you want on your quesdilla. And the best part...the queso sauce. Best **** ever. Its like 1 million orgasms in your mouth at the same time but minus the homo part. The amount of variety you have on what you want on your burrito is greater than at Chipotle plus dat Queso sauce(gotta give it a shout out again for being so **** amazing). Its top tier for sure.
Pros: Variety. Quality in all the variety. Queso Sauce.
Cons: None.

2. Tijuana Flats. This place is LEGIT. omg those chimchangas. However, the nachos and burritos both are not that great. They are **** tier compared to the awesomeness that is Moe's. Everything else though they excel at. The chimichangas alone make up for the lack of quality in the burritos and nachos. They also have the best sauces too.
Pros: Awesome speciality items like the chimichonga
Cons: Its a bit higher in price than the rest and lack luster performance on the burritos and nachos

3. Chipotle. Tasty meat in the burrito. Order anything else other than a burrito with meat in it and it'll suck. Trust me. I've tried a a few times. Chipotle is an alright choice if there is not a Moes or Tijuana Flats around.
Pros: Amazing burritos.
Cons: Absolutely NO variety. If you try to deviate from getting a burrito with meat, it will suck/be no where near as good as Moe's.

4. California Tortilla: Ever wanted a burrito that had different "Flavors"? WELL! Caltort is your place to go! The burritos are quite good and those tacos are pretty good too. Definitely a place to go if you want variety in your burritos. You get all sorts of "Burrito Flavors" such as Crunchy BBQ Ranch, Buffalo Chicken Wing and my favorite the Havana Chicken.
Pros: "Flavored Burritos". Burrito Elito card: its free and you get random prizes such as free burritos and stuff. Spend $50.00 here over the course of time and you get $5 off your next purchase.
Cons: Only located in MD/VA as far as I know. I prefer Chipotle's burritos, but the occassional switch up is a good idea. :)

5. Qdoba. It has variety like moes but is not quite as good. It has alright Burritos like chipotle..but not quite as good..its just alright.

Have any other places you'd like to add? Whats your list look like?

rhan

Smash Hero
Subway...

Edit: Srs note: I've never been to any of the above.

But if I had to pick a restaurant to go to I would love to go to Plaza Azteca. Legit Mexican foodz.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Moe Pro: Free chips, price (4.90 for a solid brick burrito and chips), topping options free of charge (guac, sour cream, grilled onions, mushroom)

Tijuana Pro: Sauce bar. A lot of meal options to try out, but you're probably not gonna be going there often...and 80% pale in comparison to chimichanga.

Chipotle: You're paying for the ambient lighting and atmosphere as well. Their rice ***** though, and isn't some processed filler like Moe's. You gotta pay extra for guac or sour cream. If only it were $1.00 to $1.50 cheaper.

Taco Bell: highest value of calories and food mass/dollar

DID YOU KNOW: Subway's wheat bread....is their white bread with molasses added to it for coloring?
Subway's cashed in so much at UF with their fresh and fit image they built another subway 500 meters from the original.

Laijin

Smash Hero
oh yea Taco Bell! That place is amazing. You can get soooo much food for just $2.

And yea...TF's Chimchongas. Amazing.

I will admit. Chipotle does have better rice than Moe's. Overall they have slightly better chicken/steak burritos(but that doesn't mean Moe's burritos are not **** good too). But thats about all they have over Moe's IMO

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I go to Moe's generally about 2 times a week. I always get Chips and Queso, for like 4 bucks you get this big *** thing of it.

Plus salsa bar is free, ****.

You can actually go and just order chips and eat chips and salsa for like a dollar :p

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
chipotle >>>>>>>>>>>> the rest

if you think you can only get burritos at chipotle ur taste buds shouldn't be trusted to begin with

Laijin

Smash Hero
chipotle >>>>>>>>>>>> the rest

if you think you can only get burritos at chipotle ur taste buds shouldn't be trusted to begin with
I have had both the quesdilla and a veggie burrito.
The quesdilla was mediocre at best and the veggie burrito(no meat)...well...was pretty terrible.
Moes excels in both, so I was expecting something just as awesome but nope. =\

Top Bottom