• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagless Wifi during the Morning

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Here in the states, during the day and evening, Public Brawl lag will go from "tolerable" to "lags endlessly" all the time. I find it impossible to enjoy online play, for the most part, during prime time.

However, if I play online during the wee hours (2 a.m.+) I get lagless games. Literally, besides an occasional slowdown during the start of the match, there is just about no lag at all. (Note: I haven't tested this with friendly brawl, just random public games.)

I am, of course, curious as to why that is. The players are usually pretty good during the morning, too. Coincidentally, it'd be prime time at those hours over in Japan. /shrug.

Weexy

Smash Rookie
I have also noticed near lagless and competitive "Team Battles" in the early hours. I think some of the players act like CPU players even though they are not listed as a CPU. A few CPU players mixed in would explain the low lag and increased competition as compared to the usual with anyone match.

It would be great if the competition is getter better, but it seems too good to be true.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
For some reason, I've experienced a dramatic lag decrease after opening Limewire on my comp. Weired eh?

Gamekidadv

Smash Cadet
I believe its simply because there are less people online at the time. I doubt there are as many Japanese brawlers online as there are American brawlers during their busy hours, if only because Japan has a lower population.

Weexy

Smash Rookie
I have also noticed the map is Final Destination and items are turned off for every match played with these lagless groups, even 10 brawls in a row.

I always have items turned off and I usually choose a random map, but if I do vote it is for Final Destination. This has to be mixing in CPU players with out listing them, the players just dodge and block so methodically.

Of course a courtesy Teabag dance is never met with a reply to prove they are real players.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well...most people are in fact SLEEPING.

I've noticed it too. None of those annoying Kirbys that continuosly taunt. It's becuase their bedtime is at precisely 9:00 PM. (EST)

In other words, no little kids that like to brawl at 2 AM.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Well...most people are in fact SLEEPING.

I've noticed it too. None of those annoying Kirbys that continuosly taunt. It's becuase their bedtime is at precisely 9:00 PM. (EST)

In other words, no little kids that like to brawl at 2 AM.
Lol... Too funny.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I believe its simply because there are less people online at the time. I doubt there are as many Japanese brawlers online as there are American brawlers during their busy hours, if only because Japan has a lower population.
Either that or/and people with better internet connections play early in the morning.

Yeah, I noticed this too, I posted about it a long time ago how I noticed that I get virtually no lag when playing at morning in "Anyone Mode" during 2 am or some other time.

Top Bottom