• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagless Projectors?

Chuck Tatum

Smash Apprentice
Hey, does any one know of a lagless projector that is compatible with gamecube composite cables with a gaming mode that will not lag? I would imagine projectors will not need to upscale in the same way as an hDTV (since they don't have the same native resolution issues.)

Any body know of a good and affordable option?

I don't have experience with projectors, but you could try using a converter to account for deinterlacing I suppose, or even seeing if there's some game mode or something that exists for projectors, I wouldn't know. My question is why you would want to play laglessly on a projector, and why you wouldn't just want to play on a tv and split to the projector, then not worrying about lag. But, I just can't think of a scenario I would find myself in for that. I think that's all I got.

TaBo

Smash Rookie
I completetely agree with Philip here. Playing on a TV and splitting to a projector seems like a better option for most cases

Aristod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aristod
How bad is the lag with projectors? We would hold Brawl tournaments and put it on a projector, and we want to do a melee tournament with a gamecube and a projector. So does a projector cause lag?

There is lag, but I forget how much. I don't like dealing with lag at all if I can help it. If you don't mind using two screens at once, the simplest way is to just run your gamecube through a VCR and split the video.

Top Bottom