• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagless Melee in car?

Rivado

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody,
New here on the forums :dkmelee:

So I recently bought a used Saab 9-3 from 2007, and I was thinking about putting two screens in the back of the headrest.
The question in hand is the screens, can you just pick up some cheap lcd 640*480 screens with av input or will there be lag? Open to other ideas, but a crt will be to big for this.

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Cheap LCD's will likely have lag so that's probably not gonna work unfortunately. Do you have power strips available?

Also welcome to the boards!

Rivado

Smash Rookie
Well thats the thing, there has be some way to get a lagless setup?
Power strips are available!

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
You could do some research to find a monitor with HDMI input and very little input lag, then use a Wii with a Sewell HDMI adapter. That could get costly though (like around 150 per setup or more). If you're interested, I can find the input lag website I usually look at as well as make a cheap suggestion for you

Frolie

Smash Rookie
Maybe you could connect a laptop with faster melee and an adapter. If the input lag ends up being too low you could just go into a solo netplay lobby and change the pad buffer to whatever feels right.

Rivado

Smash Rookie
That is a good option, but atm its to much money. I actually have a old mad catz 7 inch tv and it plays just fine, but it only displays black and white in 60hz(I play pal btw).
So getting a 640*480 is possible, i will update if i get this ball rolling

Top Bottom