• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagless ledgedrop fair

xXadevs2000Xx

Smash Apprentice
See the video here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/160...=1685393538372936&notif_t=group_comment_reply
(you must be in the Marth R&D group)
(read the comments for more details)

"Any Marth mains able to explain what I found when I was messing around in develop?

(Not an aerial interrupt, put into fall animation 1 frame before landing if done frame perfectly)
(Not an autocancel...... this is lagless.... not 4 frames)"

Although I am put into fall animation during the video, you do not have to be. The animation does not have to end for the lagless landing.

Last edited:

xXadevs2000Xx

Smash Apprentice
We came to that idea, however, how the fair results in a NIL is something I'm trying to understand.
When doing the fair, you will land on the ground 3 frames earlier and you will have no lag as the ECB will return to its original shape like it would in a NIL (it likely is a nil).

It's hard to talk about it if you haven't seen the video (unless you know what I'm talking about).
I'm just curious and after I find out why it happens, then I will want to look into uses of it.

If done frame perfectly, you are put into fall animation for 1 frame and some people used this as evidence that it was a nil since it seemed to have the conditions to be a nil, but even if you drop from the ledge for 2 more frames and the animation doesn't finish for the fair, you will still have a lagless landing.

Kadano

Magical Express
Kadano Kadano do you have any idea what the deal could be with this lagless ledgedrop fair? The original post gives some good info.
I knew for long that it worked, but I hadn’t looked into it yet.
I did now and came to the same conclusion as the one of schmooblidon you just linked to. Fair is short enough for you to enter Fall after it before landing, and that animation doesn’t have the flipping motion of JumpAerialF which kinda prevents you from getting a no-impact land.

And yeah I mostly stay clear of the FB group. You got like, what, 50 comments there that was all / mostly just guessing / nonsense banter / true, but not comprehensive posts.

Last edited:

xXadevs2000Xx

Smash Apprentice
Thanks anyway! And yes, the R&D group wasn't useful at all for the most part (although I did learn something which I stupidly hadn't looked into).

As I said in the reddit comments, I'm now curious as to whether it is useful as a no impact land.
Thanks to the both of you anyway!

Last edited:
Top Bottom