• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lagless Ledge getup, have any sheik's gotten it to work?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
He hasn't listed Sheik as a character who can execute it, but I'll still try her out. This could be really exciting.

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
This question isnt worthy of its own thread. start asking stuff like this in the social.

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
This question isnt worthy of its own thread. start asking stuff like this in the social.
I know, it was just something that happened recently that I wanted to make sure people saw as I'm sure not many check the social thread. I was going to then evolve the post into all the things we could do with the option if it works, but so far we've seen nothing of it. If she can't do it, I'll delete the thread.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
No, this thread definitely has a purpose. If Sheik can do this, it'll be a nice resource regarding the tech; if she can't, people can see that and not ask about it in the future. Personally, I really hope something comes of it.

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
No, this thread definitely has a purpose. If Sheik can do this, it'll be a nice resource regarding the tech; if she can't, people can see that and not ask about it in the future. Personally, I really hope something comes of it.
Me too, I think it would be great for a character like sheik. Grab with or without a dash, dash attack, running/standing up smash if they are trying to read the jump, ftilt, dtilt, utilt, jab 1-2, the possibilities are endless. Hopefully someone lets us know if they can pull it off.

Has anyone tried to do it and it hasn't worked? Or can you do it with other characters but can't get it to work with sheik?

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
Pretty sure I've gotten it to work a bunch of times on lylat with the stage tilted in the way ESAM described.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, I don't think Sheik is able to do it. I tested it out the day I found out about the tech. At first I did it with Marth, since he's on the list of characters who can do it, provided by MySmashCorner; it was very easy to do, and Lylat is indeed the easiest stage to do it on. After I confirmed I was doing the input correctly, I switched to Sheik, and couldn't even get it one time *insert heartbreak T_T*
I have one of two conclusions: Either the timing for Sheik is stricter than other characters, or she just can't do it at all. Either way, it's hella hard.

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
Unfortunately, I don't think Sheik is able to do it. I tested it out the day I found out about the tech. At first I did it with Marth, since he's on the list of characters who can do it, provided by MySmashCorner; it was very easy to do, and Lylat is indeed the easiest stage to do it on. After I confirmed I was doing the input correctly, I switched to Sheik, and couldn't even get it one time *insert heartbreak T_T*
I have one of two conclusions: Either the timing for Sheik is stricter than other characters, or she just can't do it at all. Either way, it's hella hard.
That sucks. I'll try to do it later when I have time. Apparently Yoshi can do it but his first frame is frame 4 instead of 3, so maybe sheik's varies too.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
The reason sheik has a hard time doing this, or can't do it at all, is most likely due to her second jump animation.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
If I recall, I believe I saw ZeRo do it a few times on Town and City. Maybe Sheik can perform the tech. but the stages she can do it on might be different because of her second jump animation.

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
i feel like everyone said this tech is really difficult, and it doesnt even give you invincibility while regular getup is a (2?) frame punish. idk i feel like it cant be that useful when its so complicated and doesnt give you invincibility either. idk it doesnt seem worth learning. also sheik can basically reset to neutral from the ledge at will since she has so many movement options. (neutral is good). for sheik the risk / reward of doing this doesnt seem all so great.

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
i feel like everyone said this tech is really difficult, and it doesnt even give you invincibility while regular getup is a (2?) frame punish. idk i feel like it cant be that useful when its so complicated and doesnt give you invincibility either. idk it doesnt seem worth learning. also sheik can basically reset to neutral from the ledge at will since she has so many movement options. (neutral is good). for sheik the risk / reward of doing this doesnt seem all so great.
You can never have too much tech. Look at this frame data for sheik's ledge options.
Ledge Get-up : 1-33 / 34
Ledge Roll: 1-33 / 49
Ledge Jump: 1-12 / 12
Ledge Attack: 1-18 / 21-? / 54
Now the lagless ledge getup is only about 5-6 frames to perform, you will certainly get there before frame 15, and the normal human reaction time is about 15 frames. Therefore, it is very hard to react to and you would have to read it. If they are attacking, then it's probably your fault for running into it when using this. If they're shielding, you've pretty much got them. Free grab, who doesn't like those?

Last edited:

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
The reason sheik has a hard time doing this, or can't do it at all, is most likely due to her second jump animation.
I think that is probably the reason as well, she curls up into a ball rather quickly, but then again characters like captain falcon do that too and he can do it, I'm really not sure.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
From my experience, Sheik cannot do it. HOWEVER

I also believed Roy could not, as he also curls his body, but I WAS able to do it in Lylat, I just had to wait a tiny bit longer than with everyone else.

Super strict timing tho. So who knows, Sheik might have it :p

_SoRa_

Smash Cadet
Umn, I don't now but I made a thread with a variant of the "legless ledge get up" pretty sure that isnt the tech but it has the same effect and usefulness

Top Bottom