• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lag..... Fill me in.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
First off let me ask, Is 3/4 second the standard lag time? I'm new to online Brawl, but I've been playing smash since day the first day it came out on the N64. Like I was sayin, I timed the lag with a stop watch on one of my matches, it was .71 seconds. Is everyones like that?

Tenki

Smash Hero
First off let me ask, Is 3/4 second the standard lag time? I'm new to online Brawl, but I've been playing smash since day the first day it came out on the N64. Like I was sayin, I timed the lag with a stop watch on one of my matches, it was .71 seconds. Is everyones like that?
No.
It depends on your connection and your opponent's connection. I've played across the country (East vs West) where it was basically played the same way it would have been played offline.

And I've played with people a few miles away who had some crappy DSL or something that had more delay.

peer to peer.

razgriz127

Smash Rookie
I swear the online service is so random...Sometimes its good and sometimes its bad. Like I really dont know whether its me sometimes or if its the other persons connection. Then sometimes I have really lag bad on my side but the other person has none and vice versa...Its really dumb. Nintendo should get their act together and fix smash online.

Top Bottom