• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lady Palutena's Guidance

Lady Palutena's Guidance

Ice Ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceninja77
Ice Ninja submitted a new guide:

Lady Palutena's Guidance - Guide to the Goddess of Light for all Skill Levels

Palutena is the Goddess of Light and representative of the Kid Icarus Franchise along with Pit and Dark Pit. She's one of the many interesting newcomers and she is a blast to play! If you're looking to pick her up for the first time, or just want to know learn something new about her, you're in the right place!

About me

Hello everyone! I've been...
Read more about this guide...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Would you be willing to do some stage analyses as part of the guide?

Understanding what stages work well with Palutena and which ones are best avoided would be extremely useful for a tactical, methodical fighter like the Goddess of Light.

Ice Ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceninja77
Would you be willing to do some stage analyses as part of the guide?

Understanding what stages work well with Palutena and which ones are best avoided would be extremely useful for a tactical, methodical fighter like the Goddess of Light.
Yeah sure thing! I had a small general stage analysis in the Tactics section but I will expand upon it for a future update so that it has it's own section. I'll most likely go over the Apex 2015 stages and list my recommended ones.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I think this topic should be stickied so current and future palutena players will always see it.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I think this topic should be stickied so current and future palutena players will always see it.
Hardest thing on most character threads right now is that there is no good learning resources, I don't want this to get buried.

Really appreciate the tl;dr at the bottom of every section as well.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm surprised I didn't notice this sooner. All the details in the guide are quite polished. I approve, and rank it 10/10 hearts. <3

Ice Ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceninja77
Ice Ninja updated Lady Palutena's Guidance with a new update entry:

Update 1.2 - Character Match ups (Falcon, Diddy, Shulk)

Added Match Up section
  • Added Captain Falcon, Diddy, Shulk to match ups
Read the rest of this update entry...

Update 1.3 - Fox & Yoshi Match Ups

Updated Guide with Match Ups
  • Fox
  • Yoshi

Current Match Ups Listed
  • Captain Falcon
  • Diddy Kong
  • Fox
  • Shulk
  • Yoshi

Update 1.4 - Perfect Pivoting

Perfect Pivoting added as well links to tutorial videos. (Located in Advanced Techniques section)

Update 1.5 - Frame Data & Video Update

Frame Data that was data mined for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U has been included for Palutena.
  • Data was originally found here (Frame Data) & here (Landing Lag) so give all credit where its due (i.e, not me)
Video section updated with more...

Last edited by a moderator:

A_Y

Smash Rookie
NNID
ant-3d
3DS FC
0963-2027-2441
yo i showed my friend this and he was blessing you nonstop! lol

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
Good guide, explained everything really well. If I would add anything it would be that bair and dash attack don't just have high priority but invincibility on them. both are full body invincibility too I believe not just the shield.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I'll have to read some more, but this guide is very helpful so far. This will help me step up my game with Palutena since she's a really fun character to play with.

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
How did you post more than 3 pictures in the guide? For some reason, whenever I attempt to upload more than 3 images, I get a prompt saying that I cannot upload more than 3 images in this message.

DiggsLeehay

Smash Rookie
Yeah sure thing! I had a small general stage analysis in the Tactics section but I will expand upon it for a future update so that it has it's own section. I'll most likely go over the Apex 2015 stages and list my recommended ones.
God bless your soul for this guide.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
How did you post more than 3 pictures in the guide? For some reason, whenever I attempt to upload more than 3 images, I get a prompt saying that I cannot upload more than 3 images in this message.
I have the same issue... Perhaps he didn't upload them but rather embedded them from a different website.

Top Bottom