• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ladder & Toury Questions *Quick*

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
I hear a lot of people talking about not many Lucas' winning tournaments or are not top 25 on a certain ladder.

I looked around a bit and found that it seems Wolf is used the most. But anyways, my question is looking at the MLG Game Battles 1v1 Ladder, how do I tell who uses what character? (Obviously I assume they switch but there has to be a way to tell that the "top so many people" always use Marth (or someone)...

ex.

http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/ladder/singles/standings

What are some good tournament websites / ladders that show which characters are normally used by top seeded characters? (No official tiers out yet obviously)

Just curious!

-Shibby

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Play them, nubbo!

Bardull and DannyKat use Marth
DSF uses Snake, so does G-Reg, Cort, Mi, half the guys up there...
Blue Shell uses Wario
Mekos uses Lucas
Infection uses Olimar

That's all I know of, why is this in the lucas forums, and hell, why isn't this in the gamebattles forums?

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
Play them, nubbo!

Bardull and DannyKat use Marth
DSF uses Snake, so does G-Reg, Cort, Mi, half the guys up there...
Blue Shell uses Wario
Mekos uses Lucas
Infection uses Olimar

That's all I know of, why is this in the lucas forums, and hell, why isn't this in the gamebattles forums?
Because I don't want people to know Lucas is a sleeper.

Foxy

Smash Master
Mekos is usually top 10 in GameBattles, but to be completely honest online play degrades your mind's reaction speed and conclusively hurts your skill, so ladders are nothing to take any indications from. Also, lag supports spamming.

The only things we can derive anything useful from are offline tournies. At the last major one, a Wolf won (Germ) and there weren't any Lucas finalists, but that may be simply because none of the best players fancy him.

Another possibility is just that Lucas has too many counters. Snake and ROB, for example, seem to beat him quite easily while a lot of other high-tier characters have fewer counters and more options.

Top Bottom