• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lack of progression/discouraged

NoxiousRose

Smash Rookie
After all the time i have been putting into ultimate, it feels like anyone can just pick up the controller, slap their c-stick, and beat me. I know it's my own fault, but im struggling to see any progression in my skill level. mashing air dodge and nair, c-stick mashes, etc.the most basic begginer strategies that are viewed as unfavorable still work on me, and idk how to improve. Any tips? i truly want to improve

Last edited:

Caliburn89

Smash Rookie
I had a basically identical post I wrote last night-glad to know I'm not the only one! Check out the thread for the advice I got, but the TL;DR version was watching videos for strategies with your mains, and get off of Quickplay and start practicing in Arenas (or with a friend) to see where the holes in your game are. And I'm always happy to have people to practice with!

KingofAllTrades

Smash Rookie
I used to have this problem. you can look at guides and that'd definitely help you on a individual character basis but it's important to also know that, though i dont think enough people note this, muscle memory can have a negative effect too. If you're used to running up and dash attacking to approach then when you learn how to mix up your approach from a guide, it wont matter if you just default to dash attack in the heat of the moment. same thing if you learn a new combo off a grab, it doesn't matter if you go back to doing the old combo mid fight. You also have to unlearn what you were doing before. So keep that in mind too if you end up finding a good guide.

Top Bottom