• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request L+R+A+Starting shows winner instead of no contest on results screen

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just checking to see if anyone has written this code already or not. usually when someone LRAStarts, the results screen just states no contest. it would be nice if it actually showed a winner (probably the person who *didn't* press LRAStart).

i was reading some of @_glook's notes on this post and figured maybe anytime someone presses start, the value for the opposing player is written into memory at 0x8046DBEC since that's where the winner is stored. i also notice that the DWORD before that at 0x8046DBE8 will show 0xXXXXX2XX when it goes to no contest and 0xXXXXX3XX when it shows up with an actual results screen.

as i'm writing, i'm realizing it may not work for teams or free-for-all scenarios :-/. anyway, i figured i'd check in here before delving deeper. thanks!

Top Bottom