• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

l cancelling dair

Twek

Smash Cadet
for some reason i have trouble timing my l cancel on marios d air. is this just me or is the timing a bit weird.

Gluv

Smash Rookie
dude thats freaking sick wat the hell man and the timing is a little different

Tujex

Smash Ace
Wow...that was so not cool...

But anyways, the timing for the Dair is very.......awkward. The timing is different depending on whether you hit the opponent or not, and how many times you hit them. If you have sharp enough eyes and relfexes, try to watch and wait until the toe of Mario's shoe hits the ground and press L. That's how I learned to do it, but if you're reflexes aren't sharp enough to catch it you should just go to Practice mode and try it out on an immobile comp until you get it down.

Gluv

Smash Rookie
it was the post after urs that got delted i was disgusting

Zackular

Smash Cadet
I never had trouble learning the timing for it, though I mained Fox before Mario, so I got the D-air practice there. I basically either use my eyes or my ears, both have never failed me. They shouldn't fail you so long as you practice.

Gluv

Smash Rookie
eggz it didnt say anything it was picture comic thing >__>

khold

Smash Apprentice
^Ah. ****'s been all over the board.

But yeah, practice, practice, practice. Zoom in on Mario during Practice Mode if need be.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Something bout Fox and some dinosaurs.....but I'm not going into anymore detail. Yeah, just go to Practice Mode and mess around with it until you get it down right.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm finally getting it consistently now. XD

It took me awhile myself. You'll get it. Just PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!! I don't know how else to say it.

Top Bottom