• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

l-cancel to spotdodge/roll

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Hello,

I have a question about l-canceling in combination with spotdodging/rolling. Say you want to space Marth's fair and shffl it straight to a spotdodge if you miss-space and you want to try to avoid the grab.

Through my short testing it appears that if you hold L when you hit the l-cancel you do l-cancel and put up the shield. So it appears you can l-cancel and hold L to shield immediately. However, if you want to spotdodge immediately upon landing, would it be faster to l-cancel let go of L then hit L and down to spotdodge? Or will holding L through the l-cancel and pressing down achieve the same effect or be faster.

It seems when I try to hold L throughout I always end up with some form of shield before spot dodging (which could mean that the animation is laggier than l-canceling then spot dodging) or it could just mean im not reacting fast enough to spot dodge. So I'm just curious if players with more experience know if one method is preferred or if it doesn't matter.

Thanks

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
If you hold C-down (as long as it's after the Fair starts and before the shield goes up), you should go straight into a spot dodge as soon as the landing lag ends.

This, of course, is all in addition to holding L as you L cancel.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you hold C-down (as long as it's after the Fair starts and before the shield goes up), you should go straight into a spot dodge as soon as the landing lag ends.
Interesting, I have never thought of using the c-stick to initiate rolls or spot dodges. I'll have to try it. Anyone else use another method?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
works against CC, put never really use it, it becomes predictable

it's fun to hold c-stick down with the sheild up as ICs and let teh opponent come close, the ICs will do weird stuff

Top Bottom