• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L.A Noire

SolidLegend

Smash Rookie

Boxart
The boxart has not been released.
Genre
Detective Action
ERSB Rating
Not yet rated.
Platforms
PlayStation 3
Xbox 360
Developer
Team Bondi
Publisher
Rockstar Games
MSRP
TBD (Probably would be around $90AUD)

About the Game
L.A Noire is an upcoming game, being released this year. They have stated that it's in its final phase, and it will be released soon. It is being developed by the Australian company, Team Bondi. In this game you'll have to solve a series of murder cases. You'll be able to search for evidence in the perfectly recreated Los Angeles, set in the late 1940s. The game will feature, Jazz music, perfectly fit for the year it's set in. To top it of, it will have a noir coloring-style. So it will be like one of those noir films. That's the reason why they called it L.A Noire.
The game will be known for using real-time global illumination, which is gonna be awesome (Click here if you don't know what global illumination is).
President of Team Bondi announced on February, 2004 that the project is being funded by Sony Computer Entertainment America. Which means it's gonna have to be a PlayStation 3 Exclusive. But then again, on June 11, 2007, Take-Two Interactive (They're the publisher of Rockstar Games) stated that Xbox 360 version and PlayStation 3 releases "are likely". Another thing to get the Xbox 360 owners hopes up, they stated that "LA Noire is being developed for next-generation systems." All this sort of information going around the internet confused many people, including me. Then Kotaku posted an article (Click here for article) about it exclusivity over a year ago, and I didn't even hear about it. Anyways, it's gonna be on the Xbox 360 as well.

Screenshots
None. I'll update the post when there are some.

Videos
Trailer 1: (Gamespot)(YouTube)(IGN)
Trailer 2: (Gamespot)(YouTube)(IGN)
I suggest just watching trailer 2, as it's an extended trailer of trailer 1.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I don't really know what to think of this. The concept seems cool, but all I could think about in the trailer was how terrible those two were at running. I also didn't see any gameplay, though it's genre makes me think Phoenix Wright style investigation sequences with the occasional fight and chase sequence, though I might be wrong.

Really, there's not enough information out on the game to really get me interested in this.

SolidLegend

Smash Rookie
I don't really know what to think of this. The concept seems cool, but all I could think about in the trailer was how terrible those two were at running. I also didn't see any gameplay, though it's genre makes me think Phoenix Wright style investigation sequences with the occasional fight and chase sequence, though I might be wrong.

Really, there's not enough information out on the game to really get me interesting in this.
Yes, there's not much about the game yet. Which doesn't make sense because there expecting a 2009 release, yet they haven't even got a screenshot of the gameplay.
I agree, the running was really bad. That was some terrible motion capture. I doubt it'll be similar to Phoenix Wright. I think it'll be similar to GTA, so you'll be able to walk through the city in search for evidence.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yes, there's not much about the game yet. Which doesn't make sense because there expecting a 2009 release, yet they haven't even got a screenshot of the gameplay.
I agree, the running was really bad. That was some terrible motion capture. I doubt it'll be similar to Phoenix Wright. I think it'll be similar to GTA, so you'll be able to walk through the city in search for evidence.
When GTA3 came out, Rockstar was pretty tight-lipped.

In fact, nearly all their games except GTA 4, VC, and SA (and even those to an extent) were pretty much surprises when they came out.

SolidLegend

Smash Rookie
Top Bottom