• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kung fu kick

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
I've heard that this is a good approach move for Diddy. Is it really useful to approach with this? I never use this to approach because it is way to noticable and can be easily sheild grab. It's priority doesn't matter if your opponent can see it coming and wait for you to land right into their grabbing range.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yes, it is great to approach. I can usually tell what my opoent is doing as I'm using his normal side b, if he sheilds I usually don't hit the button again and just grab them, if they are attacking thats when I'll activate it and hit the. If i ever get it wrong and I wanted to have used the kick and not the grab, there is very little lag time if you don't use the kick and I'll Neutal a combo them or shield.

saberhof

Smash Master
maybe if your a lil close to them, then you will be at their other side, and you have enough time to recover to do something else, because its a pain in the arse when you land it infront, LAG =O...

Frostspin

Smash Rookie
The kick has fantastic priority, but it is incredibly easy to perfect shield. My friend has gotten ridiculously good at sidestepping if I try to grab him, and perfect shield smashing me if I do the kick. Hence why I don't often use the side B against him

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Great move in Sudden Death. It helped me win 7 straight Sudden Deaths on "With Anyone" for Wifi; but then again most people on WiFi aren't the greatest.

Azumouse

Smash Cadet
Try throwing a banana first if you have time to, then use the kong fu kick; it help's provent sheild grabbing if you hit them quickly

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
It's a nice attack move to use if you're holding a banana in your hand. It's somewhat of a surprise attack type of approach. If they shield grab, go for the Diddy hump grab. If they try to attack you thinking you'll go for a grab, hit the button and go into the Diddy hump kick. Don't use it so much that your opponent can know exactly what you're going to do though.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Just make sure your close enough, otherwise you can be punished very easily.

Otherwise, it is a very good approach move.

Top Bottom