• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[KSM2] Kansas Stock Market 2 Videos/Results

rpotts

Smash Lord
Thanks to @ DeLux DeLux for hosting 64 for the first time at his weekly tournament series Kansas Stock Market. The 64 turnout was cut a bit short because of inclement weather keeping some of the people at home, even though it only ended up snowing like an inch. T_T

Entire Stream - Winner's Semis start at 1:00:37, which haven't been individually uploaded to YouTube yet.
YouTube Channel

1. Potts
2. Jace
3. Jim Jam Flim Flam
4. Big Red
5. Rev
5. Lux
7. Movement
7. Tony 22
9. SR-71
9. Toad

CT DeLux aka FreeFree FreeLux now ft 64x the Free

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hype

64Hypes

And super salty at the weather, we had 8 pre-reg's dip out explicitly citing weather. 5 of those were supposed to play 64.

First time we've had more than 4 pre-reg's cancel last minute since I've been doing pre-reg for events.

Last edited by a moderator:

rpotts

Smash Lord
Edited the OP to include individual Winner's Semis videos rather than just having the whole stream with time stamps.

Last edited:

rpotts

Smash Lord
I play jace pretty regularly in melee, and we get down on 64 occasionally, but the scene here in Kansas is very PM/Melee dominated. Did you guys play at FC or something? We played in a local fundraiser tourney a couple weeks ago for Kansas Quidditch which was single elim bo1 and stage lock in each round (i.e. round 1 - Hyrule, round 2 - Yoshi's etc) lol. We have a non-traditional ruleset tourney coming up this weekend that my friend @Big Red Dog is hosting onMarch 8th 2014, Ichthus Smash 64 Tournament, Lawrence, KS

Thanks battlecattle.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Ha, if I remember right Jace thought he was going to win 64 at FC, but I told him otherwise. I think he was still blindly confident that there were only going to be melee players who were sort of good at 64 there, lol.

Any good pika advice you can give me or things you noticed that I did wrong in the vids, Battlecow?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I only watched GF's but

uair is real good against samus

kinda seemed like you knew that but didn't really know why

like the defensive reverses are good as you're coming up off the ground cuz they come out quick, not once you've already jumped. and when you were hitting him with the anterior 'box you were too close--get that big directly horizontal hitbox out in front of you (which means use it earlier than you think you need to) and hit with the tip (that isn't that good against samus cuz she's always throwing out big moves but if you're gonna use it still use the big part). Or for anti above you stuff the straight above head hitbox is good (that's my preferred way of dealing with samus--they usually like to get above you and they don't realize that jumping and uairing is faster than dairing on reaction).

Don't fair jace is trading with it all day and even if he wasn't he could DI behind or w/e because you're doing it without a fastfall and high off the ground

fsmash is balls against samus, get out there and uair her if you can do it early or do a ff dair and try to trade with the up B (you did OK sometimes but really fsmash is never that good, they can time their samus parry)

stale-utilting a shield shouldn't work even on samus

rpotts

Smash Lord
I only watched GF's but
Watch my WF? Also, my friend Jim Jam Flim Flam would appreciate critique on his WS and LF matches against Jace.
uair is real good against samus

kinda seemed like you knew that but didn't really know why
This is a good point, I've gotten significantly better against Jace's shield pressure because I've practiced uair OoS and basically never fall for his dair/bair shield shenanigans anymore. I know I over-extend myself often, it doesn't help that Jace plays a defensive Samus that doesn't punish me for those mistakes very often causing me to further ingrain bad habits.
like the defensive reverses are good as you're coming up off the ground cuz they come out quick, not once you've already jumped. and when you were hitting him with the anterior 'box you were too close--get that big directly horizontal hitbox out in front of you (which means use it earlier than you think you need to) and hit with the tip (that isn't that good against samus cuz she's always throwing out big moves but if you're gonna use it still use the big part). Or for anti above you stuff the straight above head hitbox is good (that's my preferred way of dealing with samus--they usually like to get above you and they don't realize that jumping and uairing is faster than dairing on reaction).
Can you point me an example of one of these? I thought I knew basically what you meant, but then I went back and re-rewatched GFs and didn't really spot what I thought you were talking about exactly.
Don't fair jace is trading with it all day and even if he wasn't he could DI behind or w/e because you're doing it without a fastfall and high off the ground
Yea I know, another bad habit from playing against players who suck at SDI, even though Jace's DI is godlike in Melee. A lot of the time it is a input mistake, going for a forward upair/nair.
fsmash is balls against samus, get out there and uair her if you can do it early or do a ff dair and try to trade with the up B (you did OK sometimes but really fsmash is never that good, they can time their samus parry)
I used it in a few good spots where it was basically guaranteed after I had him with no jump and at full distance where he couldn't really fade away his upb. Other than that, you're right, I can tell I went for the "safer" fsmashes which look like they would basically never hit and could probably get me in trouble if Jace quickly ledgehop daired or something. I guess I was trying to be less of an overly aggressive edgeguarder in order to keep myself from SDing or getting 'counter edgeguarded' or whatever. I don't really like FF dair against samus, the risk/reward isn't really in my favor I think. I used slowfall dair over the ledge when I had forced him to the upb to the ledge which worked really well in my favor. I adapted after realizing how fsmash wasn't really working.
stale-utilting a shield shouldn't work even on samus
God I'm so dumb I never grab when I hit shields. I tried triple upsmash on Samus's shield...

Last edited:

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Here comes that feeling again lol
Jesus, I just want to battle each and every one of them XD

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
People canceling because of 1 inch of snow....Good thing there wasn't a: (`Д´)☞ Freeze! Ice storm! ヽ、、ヽ`ヽ``、ヽ、、ヽ、` `、ヽ

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It was actually scheduled to be like 1/4" of ice from the ice storm and 7-8" of snow. We ended up getting like 3-4" of snow with very little ice.

Top Bottom