• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-~=['Kr0x (Falco) vs v1ncev3gas (Bowser)']=-~- * best of 3 - youtube - PLEASE rate*

v3gas

Smash Apprentice

Zenith

Smash Ace
That was a nice solid Falco.

The Bowser is probably one of the best and smartest Bowsers i've ever seen.

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
Hey I got a coupla questions and a coupla comments
What kinda fortresshog are you using to get on the ledge? is that a timed fortresshog or one where you get to the very edge and then fortress? kinda hard to see in the black and white
Anyway it was clear that your bowser's really good. It's probably better than mine, but I've got a few suggestions for ya.
Two things i would suggest are to use the f-smash and the koopa claw more. a coupla times you did the ledge-A move twice in a row where I think you could have just used forward smash to finish him off. the koopa claw would add some versatility to your attacks when you're descending on him from above. also, you should really work on struggling when you're being grabbed. you definitely could have escaped some of his grabs if you struggled a bit more.
Aside from that, your bowser's awesome. Keep it up.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
first reaction = weird editing, whats he planning to do when he loses this black and white? oh wait, theres just randomly no color, nevermind T-T

what a horribly gay falco omg wtf blast blast blast grab blast blast blast grab

you used yoru double jumps WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAYYYYYYYYY to much you waste them like crazy be careful with that, nice fortress cancels but dont do it near as much as you do, vs falco you can bsically just chill on the edge and down angled ftilt his recovery whenever you want. dont fsmash a falco thats bad advice... klaw though, you should have klawed A LOT more, you should work on your techchasing and recovery as well.

when he had you on the ledge and just kinda chilled then grabbed you liek 56 times in a row it was frustrating... when you are on the ledge if the character you are playing is dumb enough to approach you BETTER hit him. ledgehopped klaw, ledgehopped flame, ledgehopped fortress into reverse ftilt... just do somethign to hit him. you waited for him to hit your shield to much, once it was getting obvious he was grabbing dont wait for the move to hit your shield, just fortress him before he grabs you. dash attack is GREAT for comboing space animals, fortress -> dash attack -> klaw/grab/ftilt/dsmash/dash attack again/wahtever else will work ftw. use bairs a bit more as an edgeguard, dont be afriad to flame him if he is just chilling waiting for your approach.

when falco just stands back and blasts hes quite clearly ready for your offensive approach, they never really expect flame for some reason, dont abuse it, but use it to get him off his game.

that falco was gay gay gay i want to play that falco so bad right now aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

i never really thought i'd say this but WAYYY to much fortress. shield grab > shield fortress if you actually get the chance to grab, please grab. also up smash a lot more, say that the falco is on the platform above you and he is lying down. you are below him. you start to CHARGE an up smash, he does getup attack/normal getup/wahtever. you release usmash when it will hit into fair/bair into edgeguard. theres a dead falco, also dont be afraid to tech chase klaw. the falco had no concept for comboing whatsovever so i never really would feel like i was in any danger vs the falco player in this vid... i dunno... your fortress cancels (while good) are just a little over the top, dont edgeguard multiple times with getup attack, getup attack should be used to set them up for a missed sweetspot, if they go to a position you know they can sweetspot from firebreath, from there they wont get a good sweetspot, then you ftilt.

anwyays,
good fortress cancels, nice wavelands too. you're bowser is pretty good, on the right track fo sho.

key points
LESS double jump spam
be a bit more aggressive
mindgames mindgames mindgames, look at how predictable that falco is, take advantage of that.
edgeguarding, getup is nice, but you abuse it way to much, getup, fire, ftilt, bair. those are your favorite things.
klaw the falco, klaw the falco, klaw the falco. PLEASE klaw the falco.
up smash and down smash are your friend.
more grabs, more dthrow, more techchase.
dont be afriad to chase the falco off the stage. if you want an example look at boozer cute, a lot of the time when i'm edgeguarding i'm way off the stage, you... you get him out there... NOW GO GET HIM! thats where hes most vulnerable and least mobile. GO. GET. HIM. (for example, you just bthrew a falco off the ledge, i'd runn of the ledge, jump and fair, it'll likely hit him out of his double jump or illusion, then you have a dead falco at ANY percent. yes, 'backthrow fair' is a zero-death on falco lol)

good stuff, i liked your bowser, get more vids, i need more colors.

bowser has cute colors, why no color?!

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
All right, just keep working. And Gimpy, try not to compare him to yourself, he is but a mortal.

Anyway, to the specifics. You didn't deal with his lasers very well, and you generally where giving him free hits, your defense needs alot of work. I also saw some bombs being thrown at really bad moments. Pretty much the rule with the downB is, if you can't cancel it don't do it. You where also having some trouble off the ledge. Bowser's near the ledge game is one of the best there is, if not THE best. Between his <100% ledge attack, fortress cancel, Klaw off the ledge, and generally good edgeguarding, you should feel right at home near the edge. But when you where hanging on the ledge you pretty much always just did the regular getting up animation, no attack or anything. Come on man. But in general, I still have to commend you for giving Bowser a shot, and I hope you stick with him.

v3gas

Smash Apprentice
Yea, thanks esecially Gimpyfish. The videos are in black and white, because my capture device cannot tape colors. But btw I prefer the original green Bowser.^^

I used to use the klaw against Kr0x´ Falco, but he mingamed me with his stupid waveland too often. And I promise that I will be careful with double jumps. But I cannot play without ´em. <3 DJs. I´ll try to do more d- and fsmash and edgeguard with ftilt.

I am going to tape more vids of my Bowser, Kr0x´ Falco spams way too much.

btw: dthrow is better than uthrow?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
depends on how you are applying it... dthrow is good for techcasing into more dthrow or klaws perhaps as well... uthrow is good depending on the char you are playing and their di. say a falco di's the uthrow at you, you just jump nuetral, or even do a full jumped uair, he will likely jump a lot of the time (i normally just neutral) if they di away you can chaingrab (its hard to do though) i just prefer dthrow... i actually do a whole lot of bthrow lol its easy to hit people out of dthrows and it sets up for edgegaurds.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
As a very experienced bowser player, i'll give you some pointers.
Against falcos you gotta claw some more.
be careful with you ledge getup move make sure to keep an eye on your damage before hitting that A button. you kept on getting killed by falcos f-smash in every match b/c you did that over 100% getup move which is lousy. Work on your DI a little, u were dying at low percentages. F-smash f-smash f-smash its a must. 80% of smashers underestimate the move dont realize that this move actually semi evades and then goes for the hit. Good getup edgeguarding but dont forget to use the down angled f-tilt. Fire breath is a good damage builder when the opponent is trying to get on. A good edgeguard against falco is also by edgehoging and if he barely gets on to the stage just do a claw hopping from the ledge and throw him back out. When near the edge, back throw him and do a f-air, there are different methods, predict your opponents recovery and see which one fits best(easy quick kill). You got grabbed like 10834928 times in a row, im surprised you didnt catch on to his little strategy.
Be careful with those double jumps, its a bad habit that can be easily punishable. Bowsers grabs are mad crappy except his down throw but some still can set up some neat setups or combos. sheild grabbing is always better when the opponent is at low percentage. yes the fortress is bowsers savior move but dont always use it when you can grab.
Against the d-air shffle dont try to sheild grab b/c you'll get shined.
You got downsmashed on the edge way too much when trying to get on.
After getting hit with a good DI, i like to jump and use my up-b high up in the air. move around in the air freely by moving back and forth, fast falling stoping the fast fall. This makes it difficult for any edgeguarder to hit you. Ive fought against high level pros and its proven to work most of the time. Dont always do this though b/c it gets predictable, get your opponent thinking hard. Sometimes its good to not JC grab with bowser b/c even tho his dash grab is laggy it has incredible range. keep that in mind. Be a little bit more aggresive, hes shooting tons of lasers at you, get close to him and beat him. dont always wait for him to come to you.

You have a very solid bowser though. Keep working on some habits and you might be big someday.

the falco was very predictable.
2 stock this falco in your next vids plz lol.

Top Bottom