• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ's birthday bash tourney Hosted by **** tom march 24th 07

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Hey everybody there is going to be a smash tourney for koreandj at TokyoGameAction hosted by yours truly **** tom. We need to get KoreanDJ in for free so you must pay the flat rate of $25 or at least 3 people do. I know this is short notice but everyone should be able to go to this. NO JOHNS !!!!!!!!

If you pay the flat rate of $25 you get to play everything in there all day. If you even decide to get something at McDonalds and come back you still get to play everything all day.

Now if 3 people end up payin the flat of $25 that means you don't have to you can pay the lower flat rate of $15 which will only get you the fighters all day nothing else.

This smash tourney will be $5 entry fee because of the short notice and expensive flat rates that you MUST pay.

The address is
Tokyo Game Action /
Playaway Lanes
5 Summer Drive
Winchendon, MA 01475
978-297-1295

We need at least 2 cubes and 3 tv's

This will start at 5pm so be there at 2pm for sign ups however the place opens at noon and closes at midnight.

Rules that apply to both singles and teams:

Teams might not happen because of the short notice and most likely lack of people showing up so right now just singles maybe teams.

-Double elimination

-Games are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule. ALL semi-final and final games(This includes loser bracket semis, loser bracket finals, winner bracket semi, winner bracket finals, and overall finals) are 3/5. Overall finals are 3/5, and the person/team coming up from the loser bracket has to win two sets because the person/team from the winners bracket has yet to lose a set.

Advanced Slob Picks:
First game is double-blind, random stage (using the 6 random stages). Second game, loser(s) declares stage (which includes any non-banned stage), winner(s) picks their character, loser(s) picks their character. You can pick the same character twice, three times, whatever, in a row.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

-4 stock/8 minute/no items format. Any ties that occur when time is finished are settled by starting over same level,same characters,and 1 stock

-Stage striking is allowed, at the start of a set, both players may temporarily ban a stage from the list of playable stages. This, of course, only applies to that set.

-Pause Rule: Pause is left on, in case something comes up where players need to quit the current game. But pausing during a match without reason to will result in a warning, and if the problem persists a game loss. Then a match loss. Then a drop from the tournament.

-Stage selection is as follows

Random stages list: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (banned on teams), Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
Stages banned for Singles, and not teams: Great Bay
Stages banned for Teams, and not singles: Fountain of Dreams.
Stages banned for both Singles & Teams: Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom and Yoshi's Island 64

Teams specific rules:

-Team attack is on

-Life Stealing allowed, but please wait until the announcer has declared you're eliminated, or for the camera shift to focus on the remaining players, so you won't pause the game.

- Seating: Each team gets two seats on one side, so that each team will be seated next to their partner and each team will have an equal view of the screen.

Other rules:

-Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

-Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

-Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game out will result in a loss of the entire set.

-Bring your own controller

-Refrain from using profanity, fights are to be taken outside, and just try to make the tournament enjoyable for others.

-Money matches and friendly games: If TVs are open, feel free to. However, if a TV is needed, you need to exit the game. Turn the pause on before you start your game and turn it off when it's over. It is also suggested you get money matches and friendlies out of the way during warmup time, if possible.

Any questions post and I will try to answer it as best as possible.

These are the games you get if you pay the flat rate of $25

Those are the fighters you get if you pay $15 so you might as well just pay the 25

BEMANI/Music Games
DDR SuperNOVA
In The Groove 2
DDR Extreme
DDR 5th Mix
beatmania IIDX - DistorteD
beatmania THE FINAL
Pop'n Music FEVER
DrumMania V3
GuitarFreaks V3
DrumMania 8th
DrumMania 5th
Pump It Up: New Xenesis
DanceMania 2nd Mix
Para Para Paradise 2nd Mix
Taiko no Tatsujin 8
Shamisen Brothers

Fighting Games
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Capcom vs SNK 2
Guilty Gear - Accent Core
Melty Blood Act Cadenza
King of Fighters X1
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Super Street Fighter II AE
Street Fighter Zero 3
Tekken 5 DR
Super Puzzle Fighter 2

Other Games
Battle Gear 2
Bump 'n' Jump
Ms. Pac Man
Rampart
Heavy Barrel
Xenophobe
Black Tiger
Time Pilot '84
Uncanny X-Men

so come celebrate his BIRTHDAY *****ES!!!!!!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
She wants to see me? :urg:

Anyway, I'll be there. I should be at DJ's house around 10ish on Friday, have some stuff to do before then.

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
wow tom, this is really last minute. lol. if i can get someone to take me i'll come, seeing as i dont have a license right now... :p

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Can't go because of the short notice. :(

Happy Birthday KDJ! :)
wut are you doing anyways your probably just going to play smash anyways so just come and celebrate the birthday of KDJ. Also you can cheer us on when we play in these tourneys melty blood,3rd strike,Super Turbo, and Guilty gear accent core yeah!!

R3N0

Smash Lord
**** is type expensive son!! lol anyway. yeah me n soup will be there.. its a 4 hour trip up there, we better find a god**** dennys this time.

ALSO

God tier 4 life son... aka Reno.. aka.. will.. aka.. awesome player ever

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
**** is type expensive son!! lol anyway. yeah me n soup will be there.. its a 4 hour trip up there, we better find a god**** dennys this time.

ALSO

Soup is coming. This tournament will be hotter than sex.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace

ALSO

yo I know where the exit is this time ok so you won't be disappointed

Soup is coming. This tournament will be hotter than sex.
wow that's some gay **** right there son lol

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
Ah... Man, I want to go to this, but it's way too short notice, and I'm broke. Unless anybody can guarantee me some ITG2 MM's to cover the entry fees and a ride, I won't be going.

Although I love TGA. They kick ***.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Cheers, guys. It's been a fun 18 years.

Now onto my 19th.

Now, the first post I will ever write as a 19 year old is....

Any Money Matches in Street Fighter 3rd strike/Melty Blood/Smash/Tetris DS/Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!/Elite Beat Agent/Tekken 5 DR/Guitar Freaks I will accept.

What a way to start the year.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Time for my first post of Dj's 19th year.

"DJ, Producer, and an MC."

"Dead Jews, Producer, and an Masochist."

Is what I'm seeing... =/

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I might attend only because ive been training my peach to pwn toms ice climbers. And because im 5-1 lifetime against mattdotzeb.

P.S.

Tom I dont know who you had on your team last time but he hit you more than he hit me :laugh: .

schoolsux728

Smash Rookie
Yeah it was me. LOL I suck at teams soo bad. Can't believe I missed singles. D:

XS!!~!!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I might attend only because ive been training my peach to pwn toms ice climbers. And because im 5-1 lifetime against mattdotzeb.

P.S.

Tom I dont know who you had on your team last time but he hit you more than he hit me :laugh: .
o.O; Who are you?

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
WHO AM I? WHOOOO AMMMMM IIIII!!!! Im Pro or Pat, Jhollas more skilled and less grumpy brother. I was aiming for second but **** Hayato had to go and knock me out of the tourney for the 4th time in 4 tournaments.

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
**** DJ, I wanna take you up on that EBA MM...

Sucks I can't get to this, there should have been more warning for a tournament of this calibur.

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
ah this **** was pretty fun

and yeah shoutouts

Mango- you know you love my out of nowhere comebacks. And I don't do it on purpose to be a jerk, its just how it happens. Playing agaisnt you is a lot of fun and we always have close matches.

Reno- Hell you had me second round, I still don't knowhow I managed to beat you. Your shiek is pretty good, we should play again sometime

Nuro- I ****ing almost had you **** it. I'll beat you next time. Nice work beating Tom by the way

Matt- that game where you move you hands was really weird. I'll money match you in it next time though >_>

KoreanDJ- Happy birthday!

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
ah this **** was pretty fun

and yeah shoutouts

Mango- you know you love my out of nowhere comebacks. And I don't do it on purpose to be a jerk, its just how it happens. Playing agaisnt you is a lot of fun and we always have close matches.

Reno- Hell you had me second round, I still don't knowhow I managed to beat you. Your shiek is pretty good, we should play again sometime

Nuro- I ****ing almost had you **** it. I'll beat you next time. Nice work beating Tom by the way

Matt- that game where you move you hands was really weird. I'll money match you in it next time though >_>

KoreanDJ- Happy birthday!
lmao I HATE IT cause it knocked me out of the singles right away. I know you aren't being a jerk don't worry man those are what makes matches really nice.

And again, happy birthday to kdj.

Top Bottom