• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa VS Kefka -- The Endless Tournament ends! Who took home the prize?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Wait how did koops even know rake was the cop rake got shot the same day he started talking about the message
I don't know who sent it to me.

Honestly, I feel like koops and ryu are scum more so than pawn.
lol turns out all threeo f us were

Also lol, I bussed everyone so hard except Ryu and I didn't even know my scumteam

ALSO RYU THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME WE WERE BOTH SCUM AND WE DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT
I THOUGHT YOU WERE TOWN UNTIL LATER ON

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice
Like, I called so many of scum's actions ahead of time or at least predicted their philosophy but I was always having trouble looking through the execution because of who I thought was scum. The only one I had right was Circus/Gheb. :\

Though ****, remember when I called that **** about Ruy/Koops going to ****ing Room 2 for really odd-ass reasons and it never amounted to anything even though it was exactly right

gogdammit

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Like, I called so many of scum's actions ahead of time or at least predicted their philosophy but I was always having trouble looking through the execution because of who I thought was scum. The only one I had right was Circus/Gheb. :\

Though ****, remember when I called that **** about Ruy/Koops going to ****ing Room 2 for really odd-*** reasons and it never amounted to anything even though it was exactly right

gogdammit
that was my actual reasoning though regardless of his alignment and i didn't know he was scum until today

how does that make you feel

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Though ****, remember when I called that **** about Ruy/Koops going to ****ing Room 2 for really odd-*** reasons and it never amounted to anything even though it was exactly right

gogdammit

Yeah but other people were too cuz of wincons. Me/Joey had to move even though I forgot to or something one night lol

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I technically succeeded in all of my individual wincons. The only one I didn't actually get was never getting raised for suspicion in cycle 2, because we didn't make it there. I figured I had it in the bag early on, but then yall started being ******** at the end of the game and making me a top scumspect.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

gogdammit
I thought you were my mate because you left me alone. :<

Oh well my bro Koops had my back at the end. :)

Glad I got people to get off Circus and on Pawn.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

gogdammit
Me moving around made sense, even more so if I was phone guy.

This is something I thought about before I got my role PM, but kept quiet on til later.

I also scum slipped a lot on what scum did and didn't know, woops.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
hey washed man dont feel bad about your scum-reads this game it was so abstract in concept that it was hard to really hard to keep up and i found myself so apathetic i was gut-reading half of the player-list or just going off first impression before the ddos i appreciate all the effort you put in this game no lie

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah mine sucked too

we prolly might have got em anyways. Maybe

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Laundry carried a lot of the game. What bugged me was how repeatedly no one understood the damn mechanics besides my slot washed and joker,maybe rake

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
For those of you who were very keen on discussing Wario's advice -- the idea there was that he was always saying to do the opposite of what was actually good. As a result, I had a lot of laughs about all the discussion, and especially about Gheb "knowing to follow Wario's advice" when really Gheb was just not interested in the proceedings.

The idea of Wario as a host was born out of his not being a fighter in the game, but still being very related to the roster in Mona, Wanda, and Princess Shokora.

I don't have too much to say about players in this game, as (intentionally) I took a very laissez-faire approach to modding this time around. I did a lot of skimming. I thought that town did very well in their reads. It was impressive how quickly Rake got found out by members of the town, and how a lot of the town's viewpoints aligned very quickly. The room request mechanic was decently utilized by town and scum both; it was interesting to see that factions in town began to form and people started to stay in the same rooms more, but I would have loved to see more variety in interactions.

Post-replacements, scum was playing a good game. I think that with GLG and Circus being in from the beginning, scum could have run a very tight ship.

I know that Swords was watching the game for quite a while, at least pre-DDoS. I wonder if he'll chime in.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Laundry carried a lot of the game. What bugged me was how repeatedly no one understood the damn mechanics besides my slot washed and joker,maybe rake
I understood them, I just never posted though.

I'm curious though, in our match you guys purposefully picked a color that would lose to the move that I was using, why was that?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Only mate I knew was Ryu, thanks to the phone message. When I replaced in, my only two objectives were "oh **** try not to get removed gheb what have you done" and "throw to Ryu if you get matched with him."

I also got to bring my whole hotel room to my pizza restaurant on Night 3 since at that point no one cared about anything, which helped an indie goal of mine (gosh, my avatar, so perfect).

Loved the way the flavor of my role PM tied into Pizza Mafia. Really fun idea.

Sorry for AtE-ing like a ***** the whole last phase. I was waffling between doing that and just claiming in thread. Part of me just desperately wanted to make it to Cycle 2, because with Rake gone, I figured scum practically had it in the bag, and as long as I made it, I figured that was one more shot at a scummy getting the title (plus I managed to find two characters with banned moves that I could use, which would have given me a really nice advantage in post matches). But the other part of me did not want to spend the next two months making that happen.

Washed read me like a book, gj.

For those of you who were very keen on discussing Wario's advice -- the idea there was that he was always saying to do the opposite of what was actually good. As a result, I had a lot of laughs about all the discussion, and especially about Gheb "knowing to follow Wario's advice" when really Gheb was just not interested in the proceedings.
Reading that flavor after I replaced in and saw Gheb's first match had me rolling. I had thought you might have specifically written it with that match in mind.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Lol, washed also ate up your AtE like thanksgiving dinner, helping ryu throw suspicion on me ,and making me everyone's endgame top scumpick, despite being one of everyone's strongest townreads for the rest of the game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lol, washed also ate up your AtE like thanksgiving dinner, helping ryu throw suspicion on me ,and making me everyone's endgame top scumpick, despite being one of everyone's strongest townreads for the rest of the game.
Your jump on me was legitimately grimy and opportunistic. I hesitated to throw FUD on you because I thought you might be one of my mates. Then I decided my life was more important anyway so I went for it.

The point is Washed suspected me for my play. Most of the other townies who wanted me gone were all "Ghebghebghebgheb" and Ran was all "READ THE GAME" and Washed was like "nah, Circus does this as scum, but pawn tho."

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Me moving around made sense, even more so if I was phone guy.

This is something I thought about before I got my role PM, but kept quiet on til later.

I also scum slipped a lot on what scum did and didn't know, woops.
The only thing that tipped me off even a little bit was when Koops moved to Room 2 with some lines about wanting a buddy to move with. That was suspicious as hell to me because it didn't make sense and he didn't have the same alternate wincon as other slots did. It felt out-of-place and was the exact **** I was looking for but overlooked it for people being whiny *******/stupid dumbasses/oddly antagonistic/any mixture of those three.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
hey washed man dont feel bad about your scum-reads this game it was so abstract in concept that it was hard to really hard to keep up and i found myself so apathetic i was gut-reading half of the player-list or just going off first impression before the ddos i appreciate all the effort you put in this game no lie
thanks, this helps a bit

you kept floundering on and off of it. there were times where you'd do the towniest damn things and then you'd turn around and do the dumbest **** like outting a character with a banned move that you just kept hanging around on it

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Sorry for AtE-ing like a ***** the whole last phase. I was waffling between doing that and just claiming in thread. Part of me just desperately wanted to make it to Cycle 2, because with Rake gone, I figured scum practically had it in the bag, and as long as I made it, I figured that was one more shot at a scummy getting the title (plus I managed to find two characters with banned moves that I could use, which would have given me a really nice advantage in post matches). But the other part of me did not want to spend the next two months making that happen.

Washed read me like a book, gj.
not gonna lie i kept you around to help read pjb and i kept you around because i felt people would've been ******* and defaulted to pawn

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
your push on him was legitimately opportunistic, sudden, and very driven by paranoia. it was weak, especially at that stage in the game, and did not make sense given your defense of him beforehand. throw that in with the way you handled my pressure as well as what he was saying and of course i'm going to suspect you. it was nothing circus did that made me look at you again, save for bringing it up when i didn't.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The only thing that tipped me off even a little bit was when Koops moved to Room 2 with some lines about wanting a buddy to move with. That was suspicious as hell to me because it didn't make sense and he didn't have the same alternate wincon as other slots did. It felt out-of-place and was the exact **** I was looking for but overlooked it for people being whiny *****es/stupid *******es/oddly antagonistic/any mixture of those three.
If town won, I would have asked for you to get MvP.

Tell me this, this is something I have trouble grasping. As town, how do you get people to listen to you and get motivated? You and WoTT were the only people to make it happen, how do you get people to want to get in there and listen to you. You're one of the few I've seen make it happen.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I fail to see how putting something together is opportunistic. We had no problems from Gheb's slot all game, then it gets replaced by Circus, and Rake dies almost immediately. Me pointing that out is opportunistic? ***** please.

It wasn't even a sudden flip, yall are ****in hella high on the chronic. I thought Gheb was scum for most of the game, and said as much. I wanted to keep Gheb alive to use for cop removal, so we could put the cop in his top seeded slot. Go and actually read the game before accusing me of stuff like you know what your talking about. Like, I know that reading the game is a pain in the ass, but if ur gonna say some ****, then do ur homework, don't expect me to do it for you. You're assigning stances to me that I never had, because you failed to read the game and double check yourself. All I was doing was pointing out how ***** scummy the slot was, and somehow being right for wrong reasons justifies a total flip on my slot from the entire game. Nope, sorry guys, still not justified.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If town won, I would have asked for you to get MvP.

Tell me this, this is something I have trouble grasping. As town, how do you get people to listen to you and get motivated? You and WoTT were the only people to make it happen, how do you get people to want to get in there and listen to you. You're one of the few I've seen make it happen.
Lead by example. By forcing myself to stay motivated and continue to act, I just kinda hope that people will follow my lead. In return, I call out the people who are being dissident, useless, or simply stupid and give them the option of joining the program. Scum tends to fall out of the wagon.

Top Bottom