• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa VS Kefka -- The Endless Tournament ends! Who took home the prize?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I fail to see how putting something together is opportunistic. We had no problems from Gheb's slot all game, then it gets replaced by Circus, and Rake dies almost immediately. Me pointing that out is opportunistic? ***** please.

It wasn't even a sudden flip, yall are ****in hella high on the chronic. I thought Gheb was scum for most of the game, and said as much. I wanted to keep Gheb alive to use for cop removal, so we could put the cop in his top seeded slot. Go and actually read the game before accusing me of stuff like you know what your talking about. Like, I know that reading the game is a pain in the ***, but if ur gonna say some ****, then do ur homework, don't expect me to do it for you. You're assigning stances to me that I never had, because you failed to read the game and double check yourself. All I was doing was pointing out how ***** scummy the slot was, and somehow being right for wrong reasons justifies a total flip on my slot from the entire game. Nope, sorry guys, still not justified.
okay i misremembered that

still doesn't justify all your other **** "oh suddenly circus is here cop suddenly dies obv scum remove now"

no

that's not how it works

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You didnt act like lost scum to me. Like all the times you were just like er mah gerd ryu lets room together it read like a townie wanting a safety net he knew @koops

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You didnt act like lost scum to me. Like all the times you were just like er mah gerd ryu lets room together it read like a townie wanting a safety net he knew @koops
That's exactly how it was suppose to look like. I knew it'd get read into for being friends with him, but yeah.

I did also want to be with him for the fact that he was in a room with SOMEONE that was more townie than both of us, and low and behold, that actually worked with Ryu finding out the cop.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I did. But that doesn't equal me making a sudden push to remove circus, it equals me pointing out an observation i made.
No, you flat-out accused me of shooting Rake. Which would obviously go hand-in-hand with me being scum. This is notable in that it was a unique reaction (everyone else was unsure of what to make of the situation; you found an immediate direction to go in, on a slot that was already shady in a lot of people's eyes) and that it only seems like a reasonable reaction if you don't really think about it. "Circus replaced in and now Rake's dead. Clearly Circus figured out Rake was the Cop and shot him." What? How about Circus replaced in and therefor could not possibly have any mildly strong reads on anyone and is therefor the least likely person to have made that shot?

Plus, you kept pushing me with faulty logic a few posts later, which I rebutted pretty roundly, and then you just left. That reeks of scum trying to quickly frame someone with hasty reasoning that doesn't hold up to scrutiny and giving up. It looks like scum twisting what is clearly a coincidence into something else. I was not kidding when I said that I suspected you may have been one of my scummates.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That's even less logical though. If we had been scummates, why would I have wanted to remove you, or get you scanned by the cop? Bussing you would have netted me exactly nothing, because I need no credibility. There are no lynches to avoid. You were in first place in the standings, I would have shut my mouth and left you alone to win the game.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
but i was already in the townie club. The only reason i fell out of it was because of the thing you're claiming i was doing to gain favor, which i didn't need to do.

What circus is saying is that because I was able to see a direction to go in, when nobody else did, means I'm scum. That's ****ing ********. If my named was WashedLaundry, everyone would be talking about how great I was at keeping town on track, even if it was for the wrong reason.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
No, what he is saying that the context of what you were doing is scummy. Taking two unrelated things and trying to slam a connection out of it is scummy.Circus replacing in and causing the shot was not the logical first step because he would have ahd no way of knowing that Rake was cop in the time frame between him joining and the shot taking place. You would have to argue that gheb had modconfirmed info about rake being scum and didnt use it for circus to knowing that quickly make sense

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
there actually was time though. It wasn't instant. And Circus pointed out reasons for somebody to suspect Rake of being cop. Things he obviously noticed, because he pointed them out. Just because he said "lol, hindsight is 20/20" isn't gonna make me throw that out, especially when I already suspect him.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I just don't see how that can possibly result in me being on everyone's scumteam at the end of the game. If you disagree with my logic, that's fine. Why does that make you go "Ok, well Joker is obviously scum, because he said that." instead of saying "Joker, I think you need to rethink that." Especially when I was literally at the top of everyone's townread list only moments before. That's an enormous leap to make.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
God i think i had Pawn/seph/kinda joker and ider. Was considering ran and kantrip and soup in the last slot but glg could have easily fit in
working scumteam was circus/pjb/pawn/****all really i had rake on here for ages, never replaced him

wouldn't be surprised if potato, soup, or seph were the last one on here.
there it is, my name on your scumteams.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You and WoTT were the only people to make it happen, how do you get people to want to get in there and listen to you. You're one of the few I've seen make it happen.

What Orbo said. It's no use speaking directly to the lost sheep of a game. If you have something important to say, say it to those who are already listening or are capable of understanding. The rest of the game will sit up and take notice if a few people who seem to know what they're talking about step forward and agree on a point.

I disagree entirely and always thought Koop's attitude towards Ryu was a mutual scumtell.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Btw Ryu you need to work on your scum game's poker face a little. Every time you roll scum in a game I'm in it seems like your alignment becomes easier to pick out because your playstyle always takes a dramatic shift.

You suddenly stop speaking at all about other people's posts, become self absorbed, and in this case in particular but in other cases I've seen: ask questions or put forward opinions that you would normally understand are clearly only beneficial to scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Btw Ryu you need to work on your scum game's poker face a little. Every time you roll scum in a game I'm in it seems like your alignment becomes easier to pick out because your playstyle always takes a dramatic shift.

You suddenly stop speaking at all about other people's posts, become self absorbed, and in this case in particular but in other cases I've seen: ask questions or put forward opinions that you would normally understand are clearly only beneficial to scum.
Please don't be my kryptonite as well :(

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just figured I'd tell you. Based on the way you played this game I was never comfortable moving your slot above nullscum because I kept waiting for you to start playing the game normally and it didn't happen, and that's NOOO GOOOD :sonic:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
1157 gives impression of Xonar townreading rake simply because he isn't posting a****ton, Xonie type thing to give a pass for but still dislike.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7069695

rake was so obvtown
idunno ive been playing less mafia for 2 reasons
1. catching up is ass
2. i go on wording/behavioral analysis more than actual content analysis and its way impossible to convince people with those sort of arguments

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
1157 gives impression of Xonar townreading rake simply because he isn't posting a****ton, Xonie type thing to give a pass for but still dislike.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7069695

rake was so obvtown
idunno ive been playing less mafia for 2 reasons
1. catching up is ***
2. i go on wording/behavioral analysis more than actual content analysis and its way impossible to convince people with those sort of arguments

Top Bottom