• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Troopa for Brawl?

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I couldn't find a topic for this, so feel free to lock/delete it if another exists.

Anyways, I know this sounds sorta crazy, but over the past few days something's been nagging me. Now, we all know who Koopa Troopa is, and we all know Mario already has a ton of reps, and there are some (Geno), who deserve to get in loooong before Koopa, but just hear me out.

I've noticed that Koopas have yet to appear in anything Brawl related. So far, they haven't been seen as an AT, nor a trophy, and as far as I know, the Red Shell/Green Shell aren't implemented(in the demo, anyways). The closest thing I've seen are Hammer Bros., which have been shown as an AT and (probably) as a common enemy in the Subspace Emissary. Also, we saw Goombas during the Sonic entrance video, so they're out as well. Don't you think Koopa would have been one of the first AT's revealed, or that Green Shell/Blue Shell would have been back, having been in the first two games and whatnot?

Is it possible that Sakurai has been holding Koopa back because he plans to make it a playable character? I personally would not agree with this, as there are still enough major characters from other franchises missing that they don't need to scrape the bottom of the barrel for more Mario reps.

Anyways, this isn't so much a support thread as it is an observation. Any thoughts?

Fizzlo

Smash Rookie
As an AT, yes! But as a playable character, no. I just can't see it happening. Sorry.

EPX2

Smash Ace
That's quuuiiiite the jump you've made there. Absence of evidence showing that a Koopa Troopa will not be playable is not necessarily proof or even a hint that one will be playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Paratroopa's are deconfirmed...just as regular enemies...

It's easy to figure out what will happen to their wingless cousins

Cinder

Smash Master
I couldn't find a topic for this, so feel free to lock/delete it if another exists.

Anyways, I know this sounds sorta crazy, but over the past few days something's been nagging me. Now, we all know who Koopa Troopa is, and we all know Mario already has a ton of reps, and there are some (Geno), who deserve to get in loooong before Koopa, but just hear me out.

I've noticed that Koopas have yet to appear in anything Brawl related. So far, they haven't been seen as an AT, nor a trophy, and as far as I know, the Red Shell/Green Shell aren't implemented(in the demo, anyways). The closest thing I've seen are Hammer Bros., which have been shown as an AT and (probably) as a common enemy in the Subspace Emissary. Also, we saw Goombas during the Sonic entrance video, so they're out as well. Don't you think Koopa would have been one of the first AT's revealed, or that Green Shell/Blue Shell would have been back, having been in the first two games and whatnot?

Is it possible that Sakurai has been holding Koopa back because he plans to make it a playable character? I personally would not agree with this, as there are still enough major characters from other franchises missing that they don't need to scrape the bottom of the barrel for more Mario reps.

Anyways, this isn't so much a support thread as it is an observation. Any thoughts?
Yeah, here's a thought for ya:

It's not gonna happen...

Top Bottom