• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Kid Circus; General Bowser Jr. Guide

Koopa Kid Circus; General Bowser Jr. Guide

Balloonicorn

Smash Cadet
Balloonicorn submitted a new guide:

Koopa Kid Circus - A guide to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings; covers moves and some basic strategy.

Bowser Jr. is one of my favorite characters in Super Smash Bros 4. I have wanted him playable as a newcomer ever since the pre-Brawl era and I finally got my wish. A slightly unorthodox fighter, Bowser Jr. has an extremely versatile kit with plenty of options for rushdown, a solid aerial game, some combos and good stage control/zoning. He has some very strong (if not slightly unreliable) kill moves and a good off-stage gimping game.

Overview/Strengths:
Bowser Jr. has a unique...
Read more about this guide...

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Bair has nearly the same landing lag as fair. The guide says it has barely any, which isn't true.
Good guide otherwise.

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
This guide looks nice, the only thing I would change is instead of saying 85% and 115% is put it in a fraction or decimal bc Smash uses percentages to gauge your damage. "So .85% and 1.15% more damage" I think would clear that up.

Balloonicorn

Smash Cadet
Alright, I made the changes as per your suggestions. I also added custom move writeups and a few matchup analyses.

Wii Mote

Smash Rookie
NNID
Andayyy
3DS FC
0001-3316-5240
As someone who's been trying to pick up on BJ as a decent secondary (if not potential Main) I gotta say I found this very useful. I was even able to experiment around and find some decent follow ups with the Kart Dash and the trick of picking up the mechakoopa after it does the first hit.
...There's just something satisfying about causing Mayhem as Iggy Koopa.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Ive found he has trouble dealing with projectiles and such, but learning how to deal with that is just a normal part of smash

BBNik

Smash Cadet
Yeah I noticed that as well, I was fighting a link and he out projectiled me and it was hard getting in tbf.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I really like this guide!

You may want to mention that his Fsmash can be angled. I've also found that U-throw can sort of go into B-air, you could test it and see how it works.

Trioxin

Smash Rookie
I appreciate the guide. I'll look it over and comment later once I have a chance to look it over. Hopefully I'll get some useful tech for Ludwig!

Charnel

Smash Rookie
Really helpful guide! Only issues I have with it is using the word lag. The ending animation for a move isn't lagging and has nothing to do with the console or internet being unable to keep up with the game. That and mama peach. No conformation that any of them are her kids.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Really helpful guide! Only issues I have with it is using the word lag. The ending animation for a move isn't lagging and has nothing to do with the console or internet being unable to keep up with the game. That and mama peach. No conformation that any of them are her kids.
Everyone uses the term lag for the frames when you're unable to act. It's the common term for Smash.

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
This guide taught me how to start roasting people online in FG with Jr. :D
I think it's worth noting that Uair seems to have a disjointed hitbox. I was able to knock Sonic out of his spin dash and homing attacks with the right timing, if that is any good indication.
BTW... can we sticky this thread? I think it's an important guide that every Bowser Jr. main should see. :)

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Is Balloonicorn Balloonicorn alive? I was hoping to give him some data from another board to add (Potassium plans on making a BowJr. AT thread and having a link to this page would be helpful).
While the data isn't "general" it'd be useful to have in this guide since this appears to be the only Popular BowJr. guide and we hope ot have it on the OP of a sticky thread.

I'm editing the Frame data to a simplified version right now. I'll post what I'd like to be added later.

Top Bottom