• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KONGO KOMBO - a donkey kong kombo video

Saske

Smash Apprentice
dood tanks so much, i like comboing its my fav part of smash 64 and this really heolped me alot

Frogles

Smash Ace
you are a amazing dk player hammerheart. i will use this fantastic combo video as a reference and work hard and maybe some day i hope my dk is good like yours.

Near²

Banned via Warnings
wtf

u used gameshark...... no1 can combo dis gud.... cheater
what the **** is this ****

on youtube you said the video was legit and now you're saying he's cheating

make up ur mind

MattNF

Smash Lord
what the **** is this ****

on youtube you said the video was legit and now you're saying he's cheating

make up ur mind
I was so overwhelmed by his power at first that I thought it was skill...

then I realized nobody could be this good, he has to be cheating

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
actually nf i have been practicing these combos for years

u can achieve it too with the right mindset and enough practice

reach for the stars!

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
HAhahahahah, smash isn't philosophy, its war. lolz lolz.

I am not good at the Down+B at all, I only use it at people who are aggressive and just run at me. I will try it a lot more now. That video got me thinking about how much it could be tool boxed. Do you think of it as D.K's range attack, or more of a shielding move to force the opponent to advance in a different way? Can you show some move sets that lead into the Down+B as a follow up move, or is it more of a stand alone hit?

I like the use of D.K. punch, but more as a constant threat then of execution of the move when I play. My favorite thing to do is to throw out the punch, fake it to save it, then chase with an Up+B. The only time I really use the D.K. aggressively is to force movement, or tack on damage.

@Matts: How can you tell either way? is it too good that its inhuman...... or strait up impossible? I watched the movie and didn't see anything out of place........... but I play on console only. Your words hold a lot of sway, so I would have to defer to you..... but I would like a reason..... some sort of testable circumstance if you don't mind.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
idk, I'd trust him unless its proven wrong....... I watched his videos and learned a few things about D.K. and thats all I care about. I doubt someone could have set up the U-air to U-smash that he pulls off in his pikachu guide. If thats possible he is legit....... maybe a little misguided in calling it an anti-pikachu guide....... but thats why its a combo video now...... and although they are focused around Down+B, it still has a new way of looking at it. I can trust that, so I trust the video....... if it is a joke, it holds something true regardless. yah dig?

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I take everyone seriously............. sometimes a problem I suppose...... but I didn't think he was goofing me, just his own way of doing things. sry if I fed a troll, but I figured he had enough posts and credit that he was trying to show a point. =/? w/e.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
YEAH!!!!! -(trust not miss-placed)- =). I am glad Gammelnorsk defended himself. I didn't feel that the video was stupid.... so I felt stupid for a bit because everyone was calling it fake and stuff. now I feel like a fair weather fan......... gah. X_X .

What I gotta do is laser vision something......
__
>.>=============XxX 0.0 XxX
. 0

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
blade ur trust was horribly missplaced i am sorry master

the video was all a ruse.......

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I suppose it isn't much of a "joke" more a silly way to poke the members of smash64s section lol.
Yeah i kinda figured it was something like that.

In the end though you do show some decent things here and there, but you play WAY to good for this to be YOUR combo video :p

You got skills son show'em off!

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
I WiLL NEVER BECOME GOOD TILL I BECOME ORIGINAL OR DISCOVER SOMETHING FOR THE SAKE OF SSB64 !!!! UHEuheUEHueheUHeuheuheUEHu

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I saw the footage of you fighting Peek~'s ness and thought your donky kong was really good. So I figured there was a methode to your madness in explaining the down B................... but I don't like that kind of joke. and I won't care what you have to say in the future. thats my 2 cents.

Top Bottom