• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kongo Jungle (64) in doubles

TacoLord9000

Smash Cadet
Kongo Jungle is an official counterpick in doubles, so how come I never seem to see it picked in any competitive match? Do most players just not like this stage? Does anyone have a link to a tournament match played on this stage?

Jackson Cantin

Smash Rookie
Most people think it's dumb mainly because of how you can recover through the floor so they don't pick it.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
To add to that, some tourneys are starting to ban it from their stagelists.

jedimeister007

Smash Cadet
In AZ it's banned for the most part, but me and my partner used to counterpick here. I for one feel it should be banned all around, but most people don't pick here since the stage feels weird, the edgeguarding is basically non existent, and everyone lives stupid long

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
At both Shine events so far, Kongo has been banned outright. It seems that most TO's are going off of this recommended ruleset by MIOM

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
Yeah it's pretty much universally banned at this point. The fact that you can recover through the stages is problematic and leads to sharking. The stage also allows absurd levels of camping. This video pretty much tells you all you need to know:

Last edited:
Top Bottom