• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kong Khronikles I: Fests and Tournaments at Dill's house. Augusta, GA. Mid-Jan 2011?

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
Alright fellas. I'm moving back to Augusta next semester and I'm looking to build a Melee scene here so I'm gonna start doing monthly smashfests/tournies at my new place if enough people are interested, so I'm looking at you right now, Georgia and South Carolina. I haven't moved into my new place yet and I don't even really know how it's set up either, so hopefully when I move in I'll post some pics so you guys can get a decent idea for the size.

For the smashfests I'll probably have like a $1 door fee, $2 for tournaments.

Singles stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land 64
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium
Jungle Japes?
Mushroom Kingdom II?
Mute City
Poke Floats
Great Bay?
Brinstar
Brinstar Depths?
Fourside?
Rainbow Cruise
Oddball on Guardian

Doubles:
Neutral:
DL64
FD
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counter:
Brinstar
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise
pretty much any stage

obviously the stage selection is really silly so bring your clown shoes.

wobbling isn't banned but if you do it we'll call you gay

so yeah, I'll update this with more info when everything becomes more definite.

I have a bunch of other silly games too if anyone (read: spencer and charlie) is interested in like Mario party or soul calibur 2.

weez nuts sc

Smash Cadet
i'm in. i refuse to play brinstar depths but i'm much accustomed to silly stages.

also i'll kick anyone's *** in mario party 3 with bonus stars turned on. like uconn women's basketball team with my winning streak

BBQ°

Smash Champion
post of interest

also i'll **** anyone in mario party 4

also I cant wait to meet you Dill

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
you need to make a post that is longer than your sig... I think

anyway
Stadium is on during teams, not a counterpick. Just sayin.

interested, of course, but 3+ hours is still uncomfortable. if I can find a ride with a columbian it would be a lot easier. my financial situation is a lot worse than before, so as of present I can't go anywhere.

D

Deleted member

Just use the Pound 4 ruleset for the Melee tourney.

Then you get to decide whether or not to ban KJ64, RC, or Brinstar from your CP list.

BLAM.

Also just set a date for the tourney where there are no other tournaments going on that same week in GA.

Double BLAM.

Top Bottom