• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kong Cycle - Best way to punish this?

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
The anti-custom move brigade often claims this move as one of the infamous "broken" and "jank" customs of the game. It's alleged to be unpunishable, and I was wondering just how true that could be? What is the IASA data of this move? Can it be shielded safely or does it eat away at your shield badly? Can the windbox be consistently air dodged when met off stage? What is the best punish against the move?

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
you can airdodge it, you can use it to hitch a ride back to the stage, you can get free hits on DK while you're inside the wind. Is more a defensive way for DK to get out of juggles and come back to the stage, while being annoying in the process. It barely makes DK more threatening overall, it takes him from a mid to low tier character to a solid mid tier character, I would argue still just below a mario or a luigi at best. And you still can't get out of ZSS's juggles with kong cyclone if she traps you in it. I remember people saying he's a top 5 character with customs, and I couldn't disagree more at this point (even if those were just hyperbolic statements made when customs were first announced that they would be allowed at EVO). It should also be noted that on the ground it's a downgrade from spinning kong, where it can be grabbed or easily shielded for the easy punish.

Last edited:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Don't be sharing anti dk tech
In all seriousness there is nothing wrong with people thinking it is broken and nonpunishable, that just means they aren't going to try to punish it and we will profit. Sucks for them but that is what people that complain and not adapt deserve.

Top Bottom