• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KO Star Count now keeps track of # of wins instead of KOs

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

I noticed this change in the latest version of PM and understand why it was made seeing as PM is geared more towards 1 on 1 play. However, when my friends and I play, we usually play 4 player free for all and compete to see who can get the most kills by the end of the night. When we saw that 3.5 keeps track of wins instead, we were all slightly disappointed.

I'd like to change the KO stars back to the way they worked in 3.02 and prior. Does anybody have the code that makes them count as wins so that I can remove it from my RSBE01.gct file? I appreciate any help.

Last edited:

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
there's always 1...
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm not saying 3.5 is unplayable or anything, I just prefer the way a small thing was in the previous version, and if it's not too much trouble, for someone with code knowledge to let me know which code it is so I can remove it.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
You are not the only one who wants this changed back. I heard that in 3.5 they were going to include something that showed wins, but the version I saw was a star at the top of the character portrait that had number of wins. They apparently scrapped that idea to change the KO counter to a win counter. It is unfortunate that they didn't decide to keep both.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Is this the first official addon?

I imagine that the next patch will add in anything that isn't considered purely an alternative to something else like this is.

Last edited:

Faiyz

Smash Rookie
No. I don't have anything else on the css to take over for that

This is an unofficial add-on btw
So Toast, is there any way to permanently patch this add-on into an ISO of PM 3.5 -without- using the Launcher method?
I'm only saying this because I don't want to turn it off. I've grown accustomed to using the Star Count for KOs.

Last edited:

Faiyz

Smash Rookie
You can download the addon, unzip it, and just replace your code set in the sd card with the one from the zip
Or "add on" to it. Heh heh. (hope this helps everyone else)
Now I'm looking forward to setting up my Wii soon.

Top Bottom