• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles, tails, and silver appear in background at green hill zone

gamer8

Smash Lord
Silver doesn't deserve it... he's an unimportant character, besides, this is GREEN HILL ZONE, silver was never in sonic the hedgehog.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Silver doesn't deserve it... he's an unimportant character, besides, this is GREEN HILL ZONE, silver was never in sonic the hedgehog.
Knuckles and Tails never appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog either.

Silver's appearance is okay in my book, although I would've preferred Blaze instead of him.

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
Huh. Well, it's not totally impossible that Sakurai liked Silver better than, say, Amy. Or maybe he felt like giving the more recent Sonic games a little rep.
lol too bad the more recent sonic games dont deserve any rep at alll....

sonic and the secret rings < sonic 3&K
sonic heroes < sonic 3&K
sonic 06<sonic3&K
the above titles compared to sonic 3&K<dookie

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Following Ike's travels through Tellius and beyond
Huh. Well, it's not totally impossible that Sakurai liked Silver better than, say, Amy. Or maybe he felt like giving the more recent Sonic games a little rep.
why give rep to the recent sonic games? most of the were horrible! ESPECIALLY he 360/PS3 one. I HATE silver more than anything in existence. he doesnt even deserve to be part of a background

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe Shadow was the AT instead of Tails or Knuckles, It doesn't make any sense. Its probably due to his popularity in Japan, though a bit disapointing really...

And Lol at Silver, he wasn't even a playable character in the olympics, kind of speaks for itself...

Strongobado

Smash Cadet
Wow, I saw Knuckles and Tails, but it took me a second time to even notice Silver.

Well, I don't know much about him, but I do know he wasn't in the original games. Which is okay, I suppose...(murmur)

I am glad, however that Shadow is an Assist Trophy. Very Cool.

Mama

Smash Ace
I like Silver actually. I think he's under rated since he was smothered in the flaws of the game he debuted in but overall I think he's got a fitting personality and a cool ability. Blaze would have been a much cooler AT though and more deserving in my opinion.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't know why everybody is so Disgusted just because Silver appears in the background.

Sakauri does not care what the ratings or how hated a character is.

If Sakauri cared about recent ratings of a game, he would not pick Sonic or even Megaman (Who is not in sadly). Sakauri knew how popular and how huge a fanbase of Sonic in Nintendo was, so he put him in to assure lots of more Brawl sales. Because of Sonic alone, 90's video game nostalgists and Hardcore Sonic fans will be added to the fanbase of Smash. If Sakauri wants to satisfy them more, he'll put cameo appearences of most of the popular characters. There are actually people who like Silver whether you like it or not, and they are happy that SIlver actually appears. Sure they'd rather have him playable of course, but some are smart enough to be happy with him just appearing.

As for hated, if Tingle were on top of Sakauri's poll instead of De De De. Sure enough Sakauri would of made Tingle playable despite undeniable hatred in the US. Some characters that appear that are playable but have hatred as well are in. Like there are Serious guys who hate everything Pokemon, which eman they hate Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer. There is also a hate for Olimar because of how Kiddy he is just like Pokemon. Even if it is n00bish, it is still hate. And Sakauri does not listen to haters. If a n00b was against a character that ended up not playable and he's cheering with joy and he says "Hah! Sakauri listened to me! You Fail!" Then that really is n00bish, because surely there was no way the n00b or Sakauri could contact eachother. My point is Sakauri puts in characters (Even if they are not playable) that have a decent fanbase and puts them anywhere he sees fit.

There is no such thing as this "Priority" that people keep believing there is in placement. Sakauri just wants to represent the franchise to satisfy both Old and New. If he didn't have any respect for old, he would of canned Green Hill Zone as the stage and put Soleanna as the stage instead with no classic music from the 90's at all. If he didn't have any respect for the New, he would of made Sonic his older appearence and completely canned Shadow and Silver from being mentioned. Sakauri wants to represent Sonic as a FRANCHISE: He doesn't want to prefer Classic > New or New > Classic. He is trying his best to satisfy the content for Classics while not disappointing the new.

And for one thing, when people say "But Silver never appeared before on Green Hill Zone!". Well guess what, so didn't Tails or Knuckles. And they're running there too. And as they say "But Tails and Knuckles are actually good characters!" So what, read this post again and highlight Sakauri does not care about ratings, or how bad the character is. He's representing the whole 1991-present day franchise the best he can, and don't get greedy either. Because Sakauri also has to satisfy content for the 20 or so other franchises.

Whining about Silver in the background will not take him out, just accept that he is being considered a Sonic character. It hurts me too (I prefer classics as well), to have to defend Silver in this case. But sayig he's not a Sonic character is Hypocrisy at its very best. Silver is a character, a character in a Sonic game, a Sonic game of a whole franchise, and Sakauri wants to represent the whole franchise. SO he puts in Silver here and there and hope it satisfys the general public.

Besides, it's not like Silver will get to talk anyway...

(Sorry for the long post, But I hope this clears at least some of the omg-why-is-silver-in-the-background-of-GHZ?-this-really-sucks! people)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Quoted For Truth! (Except I'm not going to quote it, as it is qutie long. LOL)

Silver debuted in "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG"...what are you talking about? LOL Okay, just joking around by being picky on the Sonic 06's actual name. :laugh:
But anyway, Shadow debuted during Sonic's 10th anniversary, and Silver debuted in Sonic's 15th anniversary. Shadow has made repeated appearances since SA2, and Silver will also continue to make appearances (he's already in the Sonic Rivals titles, just not in any big-name games yet, since there hasn't been one since Sonic 06...unless you count Secret Rings, but that's different). I'm pretty sure some people also thought Shadow was unimportant after SA2, but now, Shadow is one the more important characters in the franchise. And I'm sure Silver has a good chance to follow in Shadow's footsteps.

lol too bad the more recent sonic games dont deserve any rep at alll....

sonic and the secret rings < sonic 3&K
sonic heroes < sonic 3&K
sonic 06<sonic3&K
the above titles compared to sonic 3&K<dookie
Is it really fair to compare any Sonic game to S3&K? S3&K is tough to beat. :)

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
You guys do know that is Super Sonic right? I mean, look at his feet they are not running but floating.

SonicMario

Smash Master
What are you talking about? Everyone else is saying It's Silver. I think if it was Super Sonic it would have been more easily differentiated.

And besides, Silver can float with his Psychic powers i'm sure. Maybe not for too long, but still.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't know why everybody is so Disgusted just because Silver appears in the background.

Sakauri does not care what the ratings or how hated a character is.

If Sakauri cared about recent ratings of a game, he would not pick Sonic or even Megaman (Who is not in sadly). Sakauri knew how popular and how huge a fanbase of Sonic in Nintendo was, so he put him in to assure lots of more Brawl sales. Because of Sonic alone, 90's video game nostalgists and Hardcore Sonic fans will be added to the fanbase of Smash. If Sakauri wants to satisfy them more, he'll put cameo appearences of most of the popular characters. There are actually people who like Silver whether you like it or not, and they are happy that SIlver actually appears. Sure they'd rather have him playable of course, but some are smart enough to be happy with him just appearing.

As for hated, if Tingle were on top of Sakauri's poll instead of De De De. Sure enough Sakauri would of made Tingle playable despite undeniable hatred in the US. Some characters that appear that are playable but have hatred as well are in. Like there are Serious guys who hate everything Pokemon, which eman they hate Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer. There is also a hate for Olimar because of how Kiddy he is just like Pokemon. Even if it is n00bish, it is still hate. And Sakauri does not listen to haters. If a n00b was against a character that ended up not playable and he's cheering with joy and he says "Hah! Sakauri listened to me! You Fail!" Then that really is n00bish, because surely there was no way the n00b or Sakauri could contact eachother. My point is Sakauri puts in characters (Even if they are not playable) that have a decent fanbase and puts them anywhere he sees fit.

There is no such thing as this "Priority" that people keep believing there is in placement. Sakauri just wants to represent the franchise to satisfy both Old and New. If he didn't have any respect for old, he would of canned Green Hill Zone as the stage and put Soleanna as the stage instead with no classic music from the 90's at all. If he didn't have any respect for the New, he would of made Sonic his older appearence and completely canned Shadow and Silver from being mentioned. Sakauri wants to represent Sonic as a FRANCHISE: He doesn't want to prefer Classic > New or New > Classic. He is trying his best to satisfy the content for Classics while not disappointing the new.

And for one thing, when people say "But Silver never appeared before on Green Hill Zone!". Well guess what, so didn't Tails or Knuckles. And they're running there too. And as they say "But Tails and Knuckles are actually good characters!" So what, read this post again and highlight Sakauri does not care about ratings, or how bad the character is. He's representing the whole 1991-present day franchise the best he can, and don't get greedy either. Because Sakauri also has to satisfy content for the 20 or so other franchises.

Whining about Silver in the background will not take him out, just accept that he is being considered a Sonic character. It hurts me too (I prefer classics as well), to have to defend Silver in this case. But sayig he's not a Sonic character is Hypocrisy at its very best. Silver is a character, a character in a Sonic game, a Sonic game of a whole franchise, and Sakauri wants to represent the whole franchise. SO he puts in Silver here and there and hope it satisfys the general public.

Besides, it's not like Silver will get to talk anyway...

(Sorry for the long post, But I hope this clears at least some of the omg-why-is-silver-in-the-background-of-GHZ?-this-really-sucks! people)
Quoted for...well...pretty much exactly how I feel, except for the fact that you have a certain "distaste" for Silver I suppose. I may be one of the few who actually like him. Not because of his voice, attitude, or looks, but because I love his abilities.

I still say Sonic > Blaze > Everyone, because that's just the way it is.

The only reason I would dislike Silver in Brawl would ONLY be the simple fact that Robotnik never appears in the game, which is just a huge letdown.

Meh, I'll get over it.

Top Bottom