• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knocked away, up-B, but...

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
I love luigi. He's by green-hatted dawg. But, the one prob i have with mainin him is that when u get knocked away, the green missle it really your only mode of gettin back. His super jump punch just goes straight up, not on an angle like mario. any tips on how to work around this so i can main luigi when brawl comes around?

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
if you are asking about luigi recovery, you have; Forward B, Down B, second jump, and Up B
now thats alot of recovery id say XD, so when you are traying to get back onto stage just forward B till u get close but far enuff from the opponents attack, and then do your raising tornado, and then depending how far away u are from the stage, sweetspot the edge with either second jump and/or third jump

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
Luigi is my third main but I use him a lot.
Most people i fight are n00bs.
So i just WD around.
But if/when i get hit off i will definantly use that.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
rising tornado is impossible though... unless you're ka-master
lol i think eggz meant to quote this, id say everyone can do a rising tornado however to do a rising tornado to its fullest... prolly only ka yea XD

pdk

Smash Lord
protip: save your second jump until you're close enough to get in position for an up+b afterward

C 3

Smash Ace
Like ppa0 said, missiles, tornado recovery, 2nd jump, up B. With that recovery strategy, it's hard to be knocked off and lose a stock (unless you vertically/horizontally lose a stock). The recovery doesn't necessarily have to be done as well as Ka to be useful, even though doing it as well as Ka would be helpful too :p and believe it or not, a friend of mine who is now a fox/peach player can do the cyclone recovery just as well or slightly worse than ka! :) (I will post the match where you see this outstanding recovery soon).

Top Bottom