• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knock back on falco's Up+B vs Up air

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
if you're trying to kill someone off the top especially a mid weight/mid fall speed, which has more knockback at lower percents (let's say until 50%)? Shine --> Up B or Shine --> Up air
Not taking DI into account

SSS

Smash Ace
I don't think as falco you can kill off the top at 50%. Maybe a peach that is at the top of yoshi's a shine will kill but besides that nah.
You can kill Samus, Peach, and Puff off the top of Yoshi's with shine below 50.

Once on the rock transformation on Pokemon Stadium, I shined a Sheik at 0 on top of the rock, then shined again, then knew she would be DI'ing straight right out of fear so I up'B'd straight right and it killed.

UpB is stronger than uair but obviously uair is easier to hit with.

AirFair

Marth tho
Shine off the top only on floaties. Upb kills better then uair I think. Plus uair is more dependent on which hit you land since their is 2

SomethingRaven

Smash Cadet
You can kill Samus, Peach, and Puff off the top of Yoshi's with shine below 50.
Wow that's awesome. But are these all with the character still on screen or already up high? The only kills I've ever secured with a shine off the top has been on the top platform of battlefield / yoshis when fighting a peach / sheik respectively.

SSS

Smash Ace
Wow that's awesome. But are these all with the character still on screen or already up high? The only kills I've ever secured with a shine off the top has been on the top platform of battlefield / yoshis when fighting a peach / sheik respectively.
they were off the top, which is why the sheik one was hype because i had to read her DI straight right (i knew she would be going to go to the side out of fear, and i knew she wouldn't go left because the rock and edge were there)

Samus can die off the top super easy, too. Best way to kill her, actually, since although she's floaty she's also heavy

Floaty vs Fastfaller = how far they get knocked upwards
Light vs Heavy = how far they get knocked sideways

Funnily enough Faco is both a fastfaller and light, which is terrible because he gets comboed easily and killed easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy8FeSI-gCM#t=153

Watch the first stock on Yoshi's to see some sweet sweet Peach murder.

Top Bottom