• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knee Timing?

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
What's up guys, I've been having some trouble landing the sweetspot knee lately (after reading an air-dodge) I can't seem to get the timing correctly these days, and I've actually lost some tournament sets recently because I failed to land a clutch knee. So do you guys have any little tips or tricks that help you get the knee timing more solid? I posted this in the Q&A thread a few weeks ago but it got lost in some other posts and didn't get answered. So thank y'all!

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
I would highly appreciate this as well...
I've always had trouble with timing it in bizarre scenarios. It seems to be my largest drawback when playing Falcon, since I know when to go for them, but I tend to just hit the weak knee.
Though it did help me learn weak knee combos. :3

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
I think WiFi does affect it somewhat. At least a little bit. I sometimes have the feel for it, but I randomly lose it and gain it back again. I also sometimes use the A button for aerials and sometimes the C-stick, and maybe that affects things too. I don't know. But yeah, weak knee does lead into some pretty interesting stuff, I sometimes purposely get a soft knee because of the follow-up potential it has. I wish we had the technology that Melee players have that show what exactly the hitboxes are and when they appear. That would make this so much easier lol.

Also, do some characters in the cast have airdodges of different lengths? Because I think that could affect the consistency of knee timing too.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
Practice is key.
If you think you need to, go to training mode and repetively full hop knee someone (smaller characters for a challenge). If you have someone who's willing to help, let them airdodge and DI in a random direction while you practice. Remember that slowing down the speed and working your way up can help if your still not getting it. I can hit the timing for knee all day long, but my spacing for airdodge knee is way off. Any chance anyone has any tips for that?

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
It's really just something you have to get a feel for.
Practice is key.
If you think you need to, go to training mode and repetively full hop knee someone (smaller characters for a challenge). If you have someone who's willing to help, let them airdodge and DI in a random direction while you practice. Remember that slowing down the speed and working your way up can help if your still not getting it. I can hit the timing for knee all day long, but my spacing for airdodge knee is way off. Any chance anyone has any tips for that?
^ dis
Set cpu to walk or jump to practice kneeing a moving target.

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
Thank y'all for all the suggestions so far. I appreciate it!

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
I always try to be inside their hit box since sweet spot is what , first 1-3 frames of active. But yea I know it prolly isn't the best advice but you do need to feel it.

Top Bottom