• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's shoes may be a disjointed hitbox

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So I was having some practice with one of my friends that's a Bowser main yesterday and a pretty peculiar thing happened. I have a habit of getting caught in the fire breath, but I decided to try something new to get around it. I was going to do a full jump, then a dair to punish him during the cooldown time of Bowser's fire breath. As I was approaching with a SHFair, he decided to fire breath and amazingly, the kicks cancelled out the fire and managed to hit Bowser! I'm currently testing now, but YouTube keeps messing up my vids, so any help with that would be appreciated.

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
They aren't shoes... they're his feet....

But, yea his feet don't take damage. You can basically cancel anything with his feet as long as no part of the attack hits Kirby's body. Try dair-ing a Snake mortar or ftilting a blaster shot.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
While discussing disjointed hitboxes... does Kirby's infinite jab have disjointed hitboxes? Same scenario. I can cancel out just about any attacks with his jabs after the first two.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I have heard some non-swordies of having "disjointed" hitboxes, kirbies feet being one of them and yoshi's ftilt tail. Of course what I've heard could be merely rumors.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
What you were doing was simply attacking Bowser's flame breath. Projectiles are pretty easy to destroy in Brawl as long as you're hitting them with something equally as powerful. Bowser's breath is a low-damage, multi-hit, the same as Kirby's d-air.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
That f-tilt has really good priority...Kirby in general has really good priority in Brawl.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The kirby boards make me sad nowadays :(
Just about everything makes you sad. XD jk

But of course it's not much to talk about in every board when a game comes out for Months and such.

Top Bottom