• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Pursuit-Why Kirby needs Pressure

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
This is common sense, but I think all new Kirby users should read this.
I've seen a lot of Kirby matches, and I keep hearing other smashers calling all winning Kirbies "cheap and annoying". And you know what?

Kirby is good at being annoying. Basically, Kirby doesn't spam. Kirby can't spam anything except his jab, and that's being charitable. One thing kirby can do, though, is keep an opponent pinned down.

First, who expects a Kirby to be at anything but low-tier tournaments? There aren't many Kirby pros. And there are even fewer who are good at actually thinking about playing him. Kirby gets the mind advantage, 1-0.

Kirby's cheap.

Kirby can peck away all day with jabs, forcing the opponent to get back or counter. In both of these situations kirby can just roll over to the other side and start again or attack with something else.

Kirby gets cheap advantage, 2-0.

Kirby's got the infamous under-ledgehopped bair. If you haven't head of it, you recover to the ledge, and leap up. Usually Kirby can propel himself into the air in a style as over and behind the opponent, which then Kirb can bair them and ridiculously low %. I got a KO at 75% against a Captain Falcon using this.

So Kirby sweeps with easy pwn moves, 3-0.

And swallowcide. 4-0. Ground hammer. 5-0. Dair meteor. 6-0.

Kirby's pretty good at annoying people because of his moves. And that can be used to us Kirby users' advantage.

1-0 for us.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
why does the title turn into a kirby feel good post?

I expected something a bit more thoughtful than this...and the second paragraph is the only thing related to the topic, but its like a sentance long...:/

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
Last time I checked, Kirby isn't cheap. Annoying I can wholly agree with, but if anything, everyone else can be cheap to Kirby while he struggles to pull mindgamez on opponents & go for a lucky break.

Although your second paragraph is mostly true, despite it being a little difficult to pin anyone down with his mediocre speed.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
And here I was expecting something like "Kirby needs to pressure because he dies without it and here's why" type post but I was kind of let down.

Top Bottom