• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Final Cutter Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximTomato

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0313-9599
Final Cutter

For the most part the move final cutter is only used for recovery or when you occasionally want to throw out a projectile to throw off an opponent. I'm sure everyone is aware that the second hit going down has a spike hotbox on it, but normally it doesn't matter because the wave from the third hit usually saves your opponent from being spiked.

However there is a way that you can spike opponents consistently with it, and the wave doesn't hit the opponent either! This is AMAZING because it is actually a very powerful spike that you get with it. Your even able to K.O. opponents at percents as low as 20% from my experience! This is one of the best parts about it, and it feels great to pull it off.

Even those with amazing recovery like the Villager for example can be K.O.ed with it if they don't expect to be spiked and even if they do they will be put in a position so bad that they will most likely be able to be gimped by you very easily. The only person who survives the spike would be R.O.B., I still don't know why yet. But seeing is believing so here's a Video Example -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaXCp73wdwA&feature=youtu.be

There are two main ways that you can use this, one way is DEFENSIVELY, as if you are trying to recover back to the stage and your opponent is chasing you off-stage. Then you can use final cutter to catch them with the spike on the way down while you snap to the ledge and they fall. The second way is OFFENSIVELY, when you edgegaurd the stage and use final cutter to spike them as they try to recover. You can put yourself in a position where you can almost force the situation so that they don't just recover lower to avoid it, but more on that later.

To do this there are only two things that you need to know.
  1. How to perform the spike
  2. When to use final cutter.
I'll update this post later with a tutorial video of some kind to provide a better idea of what I'm talking about. But for now here's a cool video. -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVAg7cwrvL8&list=UUQstLZYVEK-MKyshznrZmig

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
As great of a post this is, it really doesn't warrant it's own thread. I recommend Copy/Pasting this post to another thread, such as the "General Information" or "Kirby's Epic Guide" threads, then requesting this one gets deleted.

MaximTomato

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0313-9599
Sorry about that, also how do I request for a delete? >.<

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC