• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's edge game is amazing!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
edge drop, double jump inhale. edge drop double jump f-air, edge drop, up-air, edge drop, up+B, edge drop, dj, side b. Its a really good defensive tactic that can change the tide of battle. Although it is negated by characters with projectiles.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Of course. I am personally a fan of edge drop up B. Also, edge drop jump inhale if I'm trying to kirbycide, which isn't too often. And of course, edge drop up air, always useful. I don't do the others quite so much. :)

You forgot "edge drop, turn into a rock and suicide to mindgame your opponent into thinking you suck"

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
You guys forgot ledge hopped dair and landing behind the opponent to fsmash them off the stage while they bounce from the dair. Its pretty **** :)

leelue

Smash Lord
The only thing more **** than that is to follow up with a short hopped taunt smash and a Down B suicide.
Or the old unplug + kneecap stab combo
Or B-airs, maybe those work better, and are actually legal moves

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
You can also ledge jump and use stone attack. That tactic is amazing effective you'd be surprised if you dont already use that tactic.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
You guys forgot ledge hopped dair and landing behind the opponent to fsmash them off the stage while they bounce from the dair. Its pretty **** :)
yes. i feel like everyone on here thinks dair to fsmash is a noob technique. im glad someone else on here knows that it has its uses sometimes.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I know from experience that most of those moves wont work on a Mario player. I play a really good one often and nearly all of his B moves kill Kirby's edge guards.
He spams fireballs as he comes back which screws up Kirby's inhale, and he can cape all of Kirby's arials, Up-B and Side-B. Also Mario's Up-B will outprioritise almost everything Kirby has, except of course the Stone and I think his dair.

I really hate Marios, probably more than I hate ROBs or MKs. =/

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Dair to fsmash just generally doesn't work. Usually Dair to grab is much more reliable.
idk if its a matter of DI after the last hit of the dair but sometimes you can get a grab off but sometimes you cant. sometimes it pushes them too far away

I know from experience that most of those moves wont work on a Mario player. I play a really good one often and nearly all of his B moves kill Kirby's edge guards.
He spams fireballs as he comes back which screws up Kirby's inhale, and he can cape all of Kirby's arials, Up-B and Side-B. Also Mario's Up-B will outprioritise almost everything Kirby has, except of course the Stone and I think his dair.

I really hate Marios, probably more than I hate ROBs or MKs. =/
i think kirbys dair will trade hits with marios upb. and watch out for the coin spike cause thats still around. and if you can edge hog so mario has to go over the edge he has quit a bit of lag after his upb when he hits the ground. you should be able to get infront of him and bair him.

Top Bottom