• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Combos.

#CAKE

Smash Rookie
Since I'm fairly new to Project M I'd like talk about a few of the combo possibilities in this!

I'd recently learned a very mean one that if executed properly can take out a spacie pretty fast.
From edge of platform (FD) grab opponent from behind and throw backwards, dash attack, up-tilt, volley out of stage, dair/poke under stage and recover! the nair in this is also a ton better, so I've been trying to incorporate it more as well. Aside from that I'm really loving the horizontal cut, it makes getting around the stage so much faster meaning more combos, example; horizontal cut, down b, up-tilt to volley.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Combos could change (i doubt it) in the next release, but there are some simpler ones like.
Fthrow > Jump Nair
Uthrow > Jump Uair
Dair > Utilt
Fthrow > Jump Hammer (at mid/high %s)
Dthrow > Utilt > Uair on some

There are much more, and a lot of them are mixups that you gotta trick your opponent to DI into. The one you listed in the OP doesnt work 100% of the time, it fits within the mixups... but its cool you found it out. Kirby has underrated combo potential use it to your advantage.

Last edited:

#CAKE

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much & he really does, that's honestly why I main him, the simple stuff is very effective in this & it's so fun to experiment in PM @ Phan7om Phan7om

MTGod

Smash Champion
I haven't found one legitimate Kirby combo, including the ones listed, that work above ~30%. Everytime I've landed a "combo" it's been due to poor DI, or lack of wiggling. Even L-Cancelled Dair into Utilt can be CC'd-->shielded.

/rant

IDK it just seems like Kirby is entirely a gimp character to me. Get opponent off stage --> follow and f*** him up.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Gimp, tech chase, force opponents to DI badly, get offstage and get free hits on opponents trying to recover.

Kirby doesn't have much in the way of guaranteed combos, but he's super versatile in terms of how he capitalizes on opponents that are stuck in bad situations.

OhJay

Smash Rookie
I've used Kirby in pm since he was released and he isn't a combo character, at least to me he isn't. A lot of my game is winning neutral, grab tech chases (harder in 3.5), and off stage gimps. I love him in doubles, but have used him less in singles.

Dash opens a lot of 'combos' but it's usually just a up tilt, areal, follow up. Nair is the best to get out combos, but not to use in combos. You will usually end combos with a bair or nair.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Kirby combos better than half the cast can imo. People look at him like hes supposed to combo like Falcon or Lucario or something so they just correlate that to him not being a combo character. Most characters in this game arent combo characters, a lot of their combos are just reacting to DI and doing DI mixups and traps and such. True a lot of characters can combo better, but if you think about it there are very few characters who can just combo-combo (if that makes sense lol) without there being bad DI.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Like I said tho, neither can half the cast. I agree Kirby's combo potential isnt all that, but by the way it was implied Kirby is one of the worst comboers in the game. And I posted that just to clear any misunderstandings to anyone who would stumble upon this thread and think thats what you meant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom