• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KirbyLove; your favorite abilities

courte

Smash Lord
Here, please list your three favorite Kirby abilities from the main series, and one from smash.

!. Fighter (Superstar, Amazing Mirror)
2. Ninja Star (64)
3. Ninja (Superstar)

Ganondorf... Look at that hair!! Manly tumor Man

also unrelated but i wish he'd have his TRUE dive kick or slide attack as a dsmash... ...ah well

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Fighter - Super Star
Elemented Swords - Squeak Squad
Plasma - Super Star (Blisters Dx)
Falcon Kirby - SSBM (Falcon PUUUNCH!!!)

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Ninja (Super Star)
Elemented weapons (Squeak Squad)
Fighter (Nightmare in Dreamland

Marth-SSBM (Mini Shild breaker =)

But, what does this thread have to do with kirby and brawl?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I only played four Kirby games, and Superstar was my favorite, so bear with me when I say that all of mine are from Superstar.

Mike
Wheel
Suplex

C. Falcon, of course! Falquonnn Punch!

I was just thinking... if Kirby really can inhale certain items to get powers, do you think he'll get Wheel from Wario's motorcycle? I really, really hope so, that would be awesome.

supa*

Smash Cadet
My top five are:

Stonecutter - no, not the Simpsons' cult, the ability that made you change into stone versions ofKirby's helpers (Kirby 64)

Skating - useless, but I liked it anyways. Defeating enemies with this ability is the Kirby equivilant of owning a Raquaaza with Magikarp (Kirby 64)

Sleep - most perplexing ability in my eyes. Does it actually have a purpose? (generic Kirby game)

SSJ2 Goku Kirby lol - only seen with a hacking device in Nightmare in Dreamland, and only available when facing Nightmare or w/e his name is with the Spark ability when you're supposed to have the star rod (K:NiDL)

Ball - Another mainly useless ability, but I tend to like those types :p (any Kirby game basically)

T-major

Smash Champion
all of these are from Superstar, because that one was the best in my opinion.

1) Yo-Yo
2) Sword
3) Fighter
4) Ninja
5) Hammer

also, if Kirby can copy powers from items, than awesome! :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I love a lot of Kirby's hats but some of them were just so fun and creative, so I'll mention those.

Fighter (various games) - With all the different ways to punch and kick with this ability, it's an obvious choice in practically any Kirby game you're playing. It was tons of fun in Super Star and future games expanded on its idea, especially Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad.

Ninja (Sqeak Squad) - This hat was a whole lot of fu in Super Star witn its little suprises that made you realize that you only thought you knew what you could do with this hat. But later in Squeak Squad it made an appearance and somehow they managed to add a few more suprises to this.

Crash (Super Star) - When this first made an appearance, it was a one-time mega explosion that did massive damage in a single explosion. When it made its reappearance in Super Star, Kirby mind games'd everyone by getting ready to explode only to fall asleep. Just when you were wondering if anything was going to happen or not, Kirby finishes the explosion and blasts everyone to pieces.

Plasma (Super Star) - This Hat is just hilarious. It is really weak unless you charge it up by running around, at which point its capable of shooting out ginormous blasts of electricity.

Spark + Cat (Kirby's Adventure 3) - The animation for this is so funny, and was a precursor to the Plasma hat I believe. It involves Nago the Cat rolling Kirby around. This doesn't seem to do much until you realize that if you charge up Kirby with static electricity, he'll turn into a rolling ball of electric destruction!

Broom + Cat (Kirby's Adventure 3) - I also have to mention how silly it is to see Kirby turn into some sort of towel and watch that fat cat, Nago, ride around on top of him. XD

Smash Kirby (Amazing Mirror) - What a suprise to see this in a Kirby game. It was funny, and being able to use multiple abilities with a single hat vwas pretty useful.

Freeze (Nightmare in Dreamland) - an homage to Ice Climbers, no doubt. Funny.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
My top preferences?

Skater Kirby (Crystal Shards), because I played as many levels as I could with that ability.
Dynamite Kirby (Crystal Shards), because who does not like throwing dynamite?
Sword Kirby (Air Ride), because that is probably Kirby's best copy for that Kirby.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned something random like Refrigerator Kirby (Crystal Shards). Now that I think about it, I wonder what a Refrigerator Kirby hat looks like...

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Master (Amazing Mirror): Sweet ability, though it's only a BIT overpowered. Was fun to own everyone with it, but the final boss was pretty annoying (which is where you first get to use it).
Ice Sword Kirby (Squeak Squad): Because I haven't obtained any games other than these two, and therefore haven't seen the SuperStar Ice, I guess this is pretty cool.
Mirror Kirby (Super Star) Granted, I don't have the game but from what I've seen Mirror looks pretty cool.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
*Broom Kirby
*Wheel Kirby was my favorite. The backwards hat too. Gangsta Kirby is better fitting.
*Hammer Kirby

And my favorite hat from smash?

Trace_User500

Smash Apprentice
Master(Amazing Mirror)
Fighter(Amazing Mirror)I like the beam when you have 1 health
U.F.O.(Nightmare in Dreamland)
Mic(Air Ride/Nightmare in Dreamland)
Sword

Any charge attack

EDIT: I just beat Squeak Squad.
Triple Star